Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V11 - what’s your verdict?

V11 - what’s your verdict?

• I love it

Votes: 63 14.8%
  • Some good things, some bad things, but overall it’s ok

Votes: 181 42.5%
  • A bit “meh”. I can live with it, but preferred the old UI

Votes: 107 25.1%
  • I hate it

Votes: 75 17.6%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
the relatively limited value of blind spot cameras except at junctions/low speed made me think just having the blind spot warning is enough combined with normal mirror/shoulder checks. But then I tried testing the blind spot alert and it doesn’t seem to warn you that something is there? Or am I just doing it wrong or it only warns if you try moving into the lane (didnt’ test that for obvious reasons)

then tried testing the lane departure warning and on an empty road I tried letting the car drift over the dotted line. Nothing. Does it only kick in at higher speeds?

Anyone else having issues sending locations to your car from the iOS app? For whatever reason it seems to only want to route to locations in the US now, so everything fails. It did work for me prior to v11.

the relatively limited value of blind spot cameras except at junctions/low speed made me think just having the blind spot warning is enough combined with normal mirror/shoulder checks. But then I tried testing the blind spot alert and it doesn’t seem to warn you that something is there? Or am I just doing it wrong or it only warns if you try moving into the lane (didnt’ test that for obvious reasons)

then tried testing the lane departure warning and on an empty road I tried letting the car drift over the dotted line. Nothing. Does it only kick in at higher speeds?
I tried the blind spot system last week (by accident, no pun intended).
I joined the M4 inner lane, checked mirrors before moving to second lane (4 lanes) & didn’t see the vehicle moving from 3rd to 2nd lane behind me. Obviously I never got into the second lane!
I didn’t look at the blind spot camera since I’m not used to it. The car screamed a warning + something on the screen ? and the steering vibrated severely & I think went stiff to prevent me moving right. The car behind blasted his horn & the misses had a fit due the the cars loud warning system.
End result no accident or not really that close to being one, but the warning system certainly works, which I assume has been operative a long time before V11.

Reactions: rotor2k and MrT3

The blind spot alerts do work, I had it trigger a few months ago when I tried to move to lane 2 as someone else tried to move from 3 to 2... The only issue with it is it sounds the generic "somethings wrong" beep / flashes a message that you never see since you're probably not looking at the screen - although the steering kinda forces you back into your original lane, so that's kinda a clue as to what's happened :)

Lane departure you'll feel fighting you if you try and change lane on a motorway without indicating first.

A bit more driving and using the new V11 UI. Changed my vote from “hate it“ (my initial reaction) to “some good, some bad”. I like the dark mode. I like the blind spot camera feature. I like some elements of the customisation. I’ve now worked out how to do the things I tend to do with the car and while annoyed at having to relearn things, getting new capabilities in a car that I've had for 2 years is still a positive. Still not happy with the number of presses required to access fog lights or sentry mode, or the separation of music apps. So if Tesla do, as Elon suggested in his tweet a few days ago, address some of the feedback received to improve the UI, it could be good. I hope they make some of the driving features more easily accessible. Focus on the car not the entertainment elements.

Reactions: Yachtsman
Using V11 daily since it was delivered, and after getting used to some of the new ways of working I like it, especially the dark mode.
The auto wipers and headlights seem more responsive than before and I really like the auto climate control, including heated seats!!

Yes, there are opportunities for improvements, especially the position of the blind spot image and bring back the way audio was managed in V10, but overall I'm happy.

In an earlier post somewhere, a list of voice commands was provided, one of which was “radio”.
I presume that at some point it worked. It doesn’t now.
just displays “opening radio” but doesn’t.
I guess the UI changes have broken it.

At least the waypoints system has been improved, with the ability to edit.

The UI changes are 'a bit meh', as expressed in the survey. Having the wiper controls, lights controls and heating controls appear as mini-panels is not bad, but in each case pressing the button, moving the stalk and touching the small arrows makes a change occur, which is not usually wanted (you often want one wipe of the screen). In addition, the mini-panels are not as clearly laid out as the old wiper pane was, for example. If those were made clearer, with larger touch areas, more definitive symbols and more contrast, I might move my vote from Meh to OK.

But I'm still left with the profile selection, and other things, an extra menu step away, but with plenty white space on the screen. A step forward in some areas, but a step back for the UI in my opinion.

Reactions: Mik3LR
The wipers need sensitivity adjustment.

The removal of the trip ‘cards’ is a big step backwards. It’s now not possible to use the nav & keep track of energy consumption at the same time with constantly toggling screens.

Voice control needs a lot more development. It’s inability to control audio is a gaping hole.

Why did the sentry mode button have to be removed from the main screen… it’s not like it was occupying a lot of real estate!

The new blind spot camera is ok but you really need that information before you turn on the indicator & frighten the life out of the driver of the vehicle passing you.

Reactions: exlatccatsa
A simple solution to the profile button would be to have the notification card appear on screen while the seat is moving, it does do this when you move the seat manually so you can save the new position. If it displayed while the seat was moving automatically, due to the assumed phone key, then you would see which name was there and be able to cancel if necessary. If you could also select the correct profile from that notification panel then problem solved.

Reactions: Wol747
The removal of the trip ‘cards’ is a big step backwards. It’s now not possible to use the nav & keep track of energy consumption at the same time with constantly toggling screens.
Yes, you can although the map won’t be visible. I noticed yesterday that while the energy graph was being used that the next nav instruction on your route is shown under the autopilot visuals at the bottom right of the screen where the cards used to be. Okay not perfect but they have kind of thought about it.

Running .30 in my case.

Status
Not open for further replies.