Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V11 - what’s your verdict?

V11 - what’s your verdict?

• I love it

Votes: 63 14.8%
  • Some good things, some bad things, but overall it’s ok

Votes: 181 42.5%
  • A bit “meh”. I can live with it, but preferred the old UI

Votes: 107 25.1%
  • I hate it

Votes: 75 17.6%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone tried to use their fog lights recently? Tried to use them today whilst driving, ( I had familiarised myself where the buttons are) then they won’t turn on. Why? Because lights where on auto.I then Turned auto lights off, then I was able to turn fog lights on.
Seriously, someone needs to make this simpler and stop testing the cars in sunny and bright California! I would like to control my wipers without needing to look at the screen, whilst driving into a sudden extreme outburst of rain is common in the UK.
Fog lights and windows screen wipers are safety issues that need sorting out!

😂 I bet you have no idea what that means

I've seen only one program with zero bugs:

int main() {
std::cout << "Hello World!";
return 0;
}
Ah, the ubiquitous "Hello, World!" program. I prefer this version:

[
uuid(2573F8F4-CFEE-101A-9A9F-00AA00342820)
]
library LHello
{
// bring in the master library
importlib("actimp.tlb");
importlib("actexp.tlb");

// bring in my interfaces
#include "pshlo.idl"

[
uuid(2573F8F5-CFEE-101A-9A9F-00AA00342820)
]
cotype THello
{
interface IHello;
interface IPersistFile;
};
};

[
exe,
uuid(2573F890-CFEE-101A-9A9F-00AA00342820)
]
module CHelloLib
{

// some code related header files
importheader(<windows.h>);
importheader(<ole2.h>);
importheader(<except.hxx>);
importheader("pshlo.h");
importheader("shlo.hxx");
importheader("mycls.hxx");

// needed typelibs
importlib("actimp.tlb");
importlib("actexp.tlb");
importlib("thlo.tlb");

[
uuid(2573F891-CFEE-101A-9A9F-00AA00342820),
aggregatable
]
coclass CHello
{
cotype THello;
};
};

#include "ipfix.hxx"

extern HANDLE hEvent;

class CHello : public CHelloBase
{
public:
IPFIX(CLSID_CHello);

CHello(IUnknown *pUnk);
~CHello();

HRESULT __stdcall PrintSz(LPWSTR pwszString);

private:
static int cObjRef;
};

#include <windows.h>
#include <ole2.h>
#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>
#include "thlo.h"
#include "pshlo.h"
#include "shlo.hxx"
#include "mycls.hxx"

int CHello::cObjRef = 0;

CHello::CHello(IUnknown *pUnk) : CHelloBase(pUnk)
{
cObjRef++;
return;
}

HRESULT __stdcall CHello::printSz(LPWSTR pwszString)
{
printf("%ws
", pwszString);
return(ResultFromScode(S_OK));
}

CHello::~CHello(void)
{

// when the object count goes to zero, stop the server
cObjRef--;
if( cObjRef == 0 )
PulseEvent(hEvent);

return;
}

#include <windows.h>
#include <ole2.h>
#include "pshlo.h"
#include "shlo.hxx"
#include "mycls.hxx"

HANDLE hEvent;

int _cdecl main(
int argc,
char * argv[]
) {
ULONG ulRef;
DWORD dwRegistration;
CHelloCF *pCF = new CHelloCF();

hEvent = CreateEvent(NULL, FALSE, FALSE, NULL);

// Initialize the OLE libraries
CoInitializeEx(NULL, COINIT_MULTITHREADED);

CoRegisterClassObject(CLSID_CHello, pCF, CLSCTX_LOCAL_SERVER,
REGCLS_MULTIPLEUSE, &dwRegistration);

// wait on an event to stop
WaitForSingleObject(hEvent, INFINITE);

// revoke and release the class object
CoRevokeClassObject(dwRegistration);
ulRef = pCF->Release();

// Tell OLE we are going away.
CoUninitialize();

return(0); }

extern CLSID CLSID_CHello;
extern UUID LIBID_CHelloLib;

CLSID CLSID_CHello = { /* 2573F891-CFEE-101A-9A9F-00AA00342820 */
0x2573F891,
0xCFEE,
0x101A,
{ 0x9A, 0x9F, 0x00, 0xAA, 0x00, 0x34, 0x28, 0x20 }
};

UUID LIBID_CHelloLib = { /* 2573F890-CFEE-101A-9A9F-00AA00342820 */
0x2573F890,
0xCFEE,
0x101A,
{ 0x9A, 0x9F, 0x00, 0xAA, 0x00, 0x34, 0x28, 0x20 }
};

#include <windows.h>
#include <ole2.h>
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <string.h>
#include <stdio.h>
#include "pshlo.h"
#include "shlo.hxx"
#include "clsid.h"

int _cdecl main(
int argc,
char * argv[]
) {
HRESULT hRslt;
IHello *pHello;
ULONG ulCnt;
IMoniker * pmk;
WCHAR wcsT[_MAX_PATH];
WCHAR wcsPath[2 * _MAX_PATH];

// get object path
wcsPath[0] = '\0';
wcsT[0] = '\0';
if( argc > 1) {
mbstowcs(wcsPath, argv[1], strlen(argv[1]) + 1);
wcsupr(wcsPath);
}
else {
fprintf(stderr, "Object path must be specified\n");
return(1);
}

// get print string
if(argc > 2)
mbstowcs(wcsT, argv[2], strlen(argv[2]) + 1);
else
wcscpy(wcsT, L"Hello World");

printf("Linking to object %ws\n", wcsPath);
printf("Text String %ws\n", wcsT);

// Initialize the OLE libraries
hRslt = CoInitializeEx(NULL, COINIT_MULTITHREADED);

if(SUCCEEDED(hRslt)) {

hRslt = CreateFileMoniker(wcsPath, &pmk);
if(SUCCEEDED(hRslt))
hRslt = BindMoniker(pmk, 0, IID_IHello, (void **)&pHello);

if(SUCCEEDED(hRslt)) {

// print a string out
pHello->PrintSz(wcsT);

Sleep(2000);
ulCnt = pHello->Release();
}
else
printf("Failure to connect, status: %lx", hRslt);

// Tell OLE we are going away.
CoUninitialize();
}

return(0);
}

Reactions: Yev000
Has anyone tried to use their fog lights recently? Tried to use them today whilst driving, ( I had familiarised myself where the buttons are) then they won’t turn on. Why? Because lights where on auto.I then Turned auto lights off, then I was able to turn fog lights on.
Seriously, someone needs to make this simpler and stop testing the cars in sunny and bright California! I would like to control my wipers without needing to look at the screen, whilst driving into a sudden extreme outburst of rain is common in the UK.
Fog lights and windows screen wipers are safety issues that need sorting out!
Yeah, I sort of agree. I struggled with it in fog for the same reasons.

The more I use this new UI it the more I hate it actually. Additional things I've noticed include:

- The + / - keys to adjust fan speed have gone - there's just the slider now. But your finger hides the number showing the level so you can't easily set the speed.

- The time remaining on the music player seems to have been removed so you can't see where you are.

- The line showing the progress through a music track is vanishingly thin and almost impossible to hit to move the track position forward or backward. And much like the fan speed, your finger hides what you're trying to move.

- The regen limit dots are microscopically small and can hardly be seen

- Putting the seat heaters on is fiddly compared to before

- Rear seat heaters shows a massive interior car graphic that really works well - but only for the rear seats. Why not use it for all the seats?

I honestly feel that every single UI change since I got the car in 2019 has been a backward step. Just look at this beautiful and clear UI from that period:

1642199420279.png

1642199602962.png

@pdk42 yes I agree with most of your points listed especially the fan adjustment and the seat heater too.
By trying to simplify it they have complicated it. It’s like however worked on this, doesn’t drive a Tesla or did it on purpose to sabotage it.
At the very least, they should get voice command work on fog lights and the wipers.

A simple look at this thread will tell you the ‘minority’ is yours and PITAs view

You argue for Tesla being a better technology platform, it is generally, but the execution in features today, and the development lifecycle they use is leaving something to be desired. Buggy, poor regression testing, fails at times with international localisation, and all coupled with a distinct feeling it’s about the games and entertainment and not about driving.

It’s an approach that also exposes the weakness of the minimum viable product where hardware sensors and inputs are required. Sentry is wasteful on energy because there’s no low power mode architecture, dashcam sometimes misses stuff because writing to usb is an afterthought.

Take the wipers, sure you need lots of data for the AI to learn but while you’re going through that process, and it’s been over 4 years now, every single one of the cars they’ve delivered has had poor wiper performance. Does the end justify the means? Could they not have built cars with the 50p rain sensor as well? It would have been an extra input to help train the model, they’d have learnt better and quicker AND the performance could have been at least as good as that on AP1 cars which was fine.

What we’re discussing is ‘crossing the chasm’, at the risk of offending you with words of more than 2 syllables as you”ve complained about before. New technology approaches struggle to transition from early adopters and innovator buyers to the early majority because the audiences value different things. You value the underlying approach and see the long term benefits and how Tesla try and do things, many others don’t give a damn, and ‘early majority’ is the name given to this group of people which gives a clue to the relative size, they live in the present and care more about performance and features now, today, when they next get in the car. They still appreciate the broader approach but are less forgiving of the associated failings when it doesn’t deliver in the moment.

A classic example of why we disagree and what you’re failing to accept, take the foot wave to open the boot. Yes it’s cheap to implement compared to the FSD computer, yes it’s a dumb proximity sensor that serves one purpose in life which is to open the boot, but you know what, when you have hands full of shopping, it’s raining and your car is parked in a puddle, the ability to open the boot with a wave of your foot is every bit as useful, if not more so, than the car recommending a lane change on the motorway or offering sonic the hedgehog,, and Tesla can’t do it, and probably never will.
I don’t think we can discuss the nuances of Tesla tech here. But having said that I have said before that the essentials car makers think consumers need in a car may keep changing depending on range of factors and Tesla has its own interpretation of what their consumers want.

Tesla is an American car company and it serves that market default and feedbacks are mainly from their market. Now I am not an expert on how many cars come with proximity sensors in America but if Tesla is not offering that then American consumers who needs that may find a car with those options.

GeorgeSymonds said “Buggy, poor regression testing, fails at times with international localisation, and all coupled with a distinct feeling it’s about the games and entertainment and not about driving”.
——Don’t try and tell me that you and your friends bought an American car because of its driving dynamics - if so please please we will start this debate from scratch! And my starting point is Tesla will never never with any amount of software and hardware improvements will drive like an Alfa or 80s M3 or not even close to a M5 in millions of years and end of it!

I think your argument is around whether this approach (not providing footwave etc.,) is right or wrong or Tesla to deliver a car with more rounded appeal to everyone in the market with all the new tech which it already sells. As I said before you can have your wish list and this may or may not be fulfilled but if your criticisms of Tesla is based on your or some of your friends ‘wish list’ in a car hasn’t been fulfilled then good luck finding another car that fulfills all your wish list with that high tech that Tesla has got.

I am still expecting buttons in a car the size of Rangerovers that has taken into account that people driving these cars in outdoors wear gloves and it will be convenient if there are large buttons for heating etc., I like that approach, it is a car that served a different generation but still continues to have large buttons. If you want that specific need may be that is the right car rather than a Tesla.

What Tesla offer depends on their own interpretation of what their main consumer base wants, now if this changes to footwave yes, you will get it. But right now Tesla is not offering it and it is your choice what you want to do with it.

It is beyond belief that a moderator can take such a stance and still continue to moderate this thread, wow we are in a new world!

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: Alex987854 and MrT3
I don’t think we can discuss the nuances of Tesla tech here. But having said that I have said before that the essentials car makers think consumers need in a car may keep changing depending on range of factors and Tesla has its own interpretation of what their consumers want.

Tesla is an American car company and it serves that market default and feedbacks are mainly from their market. Now I am not an expert on how many cars come with proximity sensors in America but if Tesla is not offering that then American consumers who needs that may find a car with those options. Don’t try and tell me that you and your friends bought an American car because of its driving dynamics - if so please please we will start this debate from scratch! And my starting point is Tesla will never never with any amount of software and hardware improvements will drive like an Alfa or 80s M3 or not even close to a M5 in millions of years and end of it!

I think your argument is around whether this approach (not providing footwave etc.,) is right or wrong or Tesla to deliver a car with more rounded appeal to everyone in the market with all the new tech which it already sells. As I said before you can have your wish list and this may or may not be fulfilled but if your criticisms of Tesla is based on your or some of your friends ‘wish list’ in a car hasn’t been fulfilled then good luck finding another car that fulfills all your wish list with that high tech that Tesla has got.

I am still expecting buttons in a car the size of Rangerovers that has taken into account that people driving these cars in outdoors wear gloves and it will be convenient if there are large buttons for heating etc., I like that approach, it is a car that served a different generation but still continues to have large buttons. If you want that specific need may be that is the right car rather than a Tesla.

What Tesla offer depends on their own interpretation of what their main consumer base wants, now if this changes to footwave yes, you will get it. But right now Tesla is not offering it and it is your choice what you want to do with it.

It is beyond belief that a moderator can take such a stance and still continue to moderate this thread, wow we are in a new world!
Forums will have differences of opinion and I and many others based simply on the number of "Likes" George's posts have had on the topic suggest he represents the majority on here. If you want Tesla fanboyism then try the Tesla owners group on facebook. It was a cheap shot about George being a moderator, are they now allowed an opinion? Has he edited your posts? Is there something we don't know? Appears you're just a wind up kind of guy.

Back on topic, no one is claiming a car is going to be perfect, but there does seem constant proclamations from a few and which you've made again about "all the new technology" that Tesla sells, but very little of it actually seems to manifest itself into function points for the driver. Someone quoted how many software releases they'd had in the car as if that was a badge of honour. I've had 3 since Christmas, a new UI and then 2 more trying to sort out the bugs in it.
In essence, the opposite of being frustrated is not to hate the car or Tesla, it's about being realistic and reflecting what's parked on my drive and wishing that "new technology" actually delivered something that wasn't a computer game or a fart noise. It's sad you don't get that.

Forums will have differences of opinion and I and many others based simply on the number of "Likes" George's posts have had on the topic suggest he represents the majority on here. If you want Tesla fanboyism then try the Tesla owners group on facebook. It was a cheap shot about George being a moderator, are they now allowed an opinion? Has he edited your posts? Is there something we don't know? Appears you're just a wind up kind of guy.

Back on topic, no one is claiming a car is going to be perfect, but there does seem constant proclamations from a few and which you've made again about "all the new technology" that Tesla sells, but very little of it actually seems to manifest itself into function points for the driver. Someone quoted how many software releases they'd had in the car as if that was a badge of honour. I've had 3 since Christmas, a new UI and then 2 more trying to sort out the bugs in it.
In essence, the opposite of being frustrated is not to hate the car or Tesla, it's about being realistic and reflecting what's parked on my drive and wishing that "new technology" actually delivered something that wasn't a computer game or a fart noise. It's sad you don't get that.
He represents the majority here (vocal minority of Tesla owners). Not the majority of Tesla owners (of course, outside this forum) who are happy with the Tech/hardware that comes with the car and understand their limitations and not calling everything as an ‘issue’ or a ‘bug’

Last edited:
The meaning of moderator if you are not aware.

The meaning of moderator in most settings of this nature:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.