Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V9 has pedestrians!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Discoducky

P100DL, 2021 M3, 4 CT reservations and counting
Supporting Member
Dec 25, 2011
My mountain
IMG_20181021_130950724.jpg
aRM4tGMERNc3JBb49

Very cool, but I wish they were more persistent and easier to see. You can barely see them on screen at night which gives the impression the car can't really see them either. Maybe intentional... for now. And kinda funny to see the stick man facing you always. Eventually, it will get more real, and I'm loving it so far!

Reactions: David29
Interesting. But even AP1 would detect pedestrians and stop for them, at least in testing done by KMan as long ago as November 2016.

I have wondered off and on since then if any of the changes made to AP1 firmware since then might have have altered this capability, because I don't recall reading of any reports that AP avoided actual pedestrian collisions.
It will be interesting to see if the pedestrian icon shows up in the screens for AP1 cars as well as for AP2/2.5. But I do not plan to test for it myself!

And I agree the icon looks too small (continuing Tesla's trend of making display details and fonts too small and too light -- but that is another topic, sorry!)