Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[V9] How to Format USB into 2 Partitions for DashCam and Music [Windows]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had anybody actually run into problems with cold and SSDs? I couldn't find any in this thread.
Not with the SanDisk Extreme SSD external. I think the operating temperature range is 0-45 degrees Celsius.

I did have an older VW with an SD card reader in the radio and using a budget SD card in colder temperatures would cause problems. Switching to a "professional" grade SD card fixed that issue.

• Informative
Reactions: Krash
Ok. I have seen the back and forth about what should be done with a TeslaCam / Music Drive.

What I plan on using is a Samsung T7 SSD (Connected through the Glove box connection in a 2021, whenever I actually get my car).

My question is, what partition drive structure and what volumes on the drive?

I have seen people use MBT with Fat32 / Fat32. GPT EXT4 / FAT32, GPT EXT4/EXT4. What is runs on the latest TeslaCam / Car Firmware? I would prefer GPT EXT4/EXT4 since that is a more modern drive configuration, but wasn't sure if that was an actual valid drive configuration or just speculation while people dealt with drive configuration.

Thoughts? Practical Experience?
Only partition Tesla recommends is ExFat