Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VA State Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any tips on how to delay my delivery if VIN is assigned to me? I placed order in May. I put the order on hold for 3 months. Hold got released in August. My delivery estimate shifted from Nov-Dec to Oct to March'22-April'22 to (as of today) end of October. Can I still put the order on hold after VIN is assigned to me?

Any tips on how to delay my delivery if VIN is assigned to me? I placed order in May. I put the order on hold for 3 months. Hold got released in August. My delivery estimate shifted from Nov-Dec to Oct to March'22-April'22 to (as of today) end of October. Can I still put the order on hold after VIN is assigned to me?
According to a rep I spoke with just today, you can release an assigned VIN once. If you try it a 2nd time they will cancel your order. Not sure if you already having a hold on your account affects the one-time “catch & release”, but if you call Tesla they would be able to both tell you what your options are & release the assigned VIN for you if desired.

According to a rep I spoke with just today, you can release an assigned VIN once. If you try it a 2nd time they will cancel your order. Not sure if you already having a hold on your account affects the one-time “catch & release”, but if you call Tesla they would be able to both tell you what your options are & release the assigned VIN for you if desired.
Thank you, will do. Appreciate the response. No VIN assigned yet, just trying to be proactive on steps to take in an even I am assigned a VIN.

Reactions: Dreene
Order in Richmond
MYP Red with Black interior. It said around Nov-Dec and now it has changed 🤦‍♂️

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211101-101350_Tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20211101-101350_Tesla.jpg
    346 KB · Views: 69
Picking up in Richmond in a couple weeks. Anyone have experience with the dealer pre installing the front plate mount? I have a quick bandit that I want to use and don’t want a mount as I’m having PPF installed.

Picking up in Richmond in a couple weeks. Anyone have experience with the dealer pre installing the front plate mount? I have a quick bandit that I want to use and don’t want a mount as I’m having PPF installed.

They had the front plate in sitting in the passenger seat when I picked up my Model Y in Richmond. The plate was already was mounted to the 'stock' mount, with the double sided tape on the back.

I had ordered one of these mounts: Slipstream Mount , and I installed the plate and the mount when I got home.

I am picking up mind at Tyco Rd location on Wed. Can anyone confirm that they do not drill/attach the front license plate holder on the front bumper?
I am taking the car straight to the PPF installer.
They do not drill, but use double sided tape to attach the front plate to your bumper. When I got my car in December, it was attached with double sided tape. After I got PPF on my front bumper, I switched to the Quick Bandit license plate mount. If they do attach the front license plate with double sided tape, your PPF installer shouldn't have any issues removing it.

I am picking up mind at Tyco Rd location on Wed. Can anyone confirm that they do not drill/attach the front license plate holder on the front bumper?
I am taking the car straight to the PPF installer.
Congratulations! were you assigned a vin From Texas or fremont? what was your Order Date? just trying to get an idea when should i hear from tyco road for my MYLR delivery. I ordered ON Dec 22nd.