Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Valet Mode! (confirmed by Elon)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe it's implied but I hope the valet mode hides ALL previously searched map locations, as well as all internet bookmarks. There's definitely some personal stuff in there.
100% agree! HATE that the map marks my home as a place that I've charged before and that there is no way to delete that! I wonder if the (smart) valet can say "navigate" to home and that pops up (yes, I've set my home to something that is 'close' but not actual but most others have not but the charging is still poping up near my 'home.'). :cursing:

100% agree! HATE that the map marks my home as a place that I've charged before and that there is no way to delete that! I wonder if the (smart) valet can say "navigate" to home and that pops up (yes, I've set my home to something that is 'close' but not actual but most others have not but the charging is still poping up near my 'home.'). :cursing:

There is a way to delete it now. In the nav go to previous chargers and then edit the list.

Well, here is what the press release says, verbatim. It addresses your concerns, and there is no indication that it will not apply to all cars (obviously the announced Auto Pilot features only apply to the newer cars):
--------------
Valet Mode
Valet Mode conveniently and discreetly limits Model S’s driving performance and restricts access to certain settings and personal information. With the touch of a button, owners can place a limit on speed, lock the glove box and frunk, and disable personal information like driver profiles and homelink settings.
I hope there's a button on the app that will allow this to be enabled as well. I'm thinking that if my kid is using the car and I'm not home, that I'd like to turn it on remotely, likewise if I forget when I give the key to the valet. Also, it would be a good feature to have in case the car is ever stolen.

There is a way to delete it now. In the nav go to previous chargers and then edit the list.
Another reason I have to come back to TMC more often! Thank YOU Denarius!
That being said, I'd have to consciously delete my charging map location each time I gave it to valets.
Being able to delete it, is a great improvement, so thanx for reminding me! :biggrin:

Perhaps the new valet mode in v6.2 will hide those saved map locations?

It's good that you can delete old charge locations, but - since I charge almost every night, that means that i would constantly have to delete them. plus the gps location drifts a bit so you get multiple charge locations around your house. besides maybe deleting a few locations, you could put a big "do no show charging around here" that would hide your house.

Of course the only reasonable thing is hide all charging locations, and your house. I bet that's what they will do. Maybe turn off the garage door openers too. Add location tracking while on valet mode, and limited speed, and you have something useful.

I seem to recall the new corvette had valet mode that recorded the speed, location, and maybe had a camera inside the car that turned on during valet mode.

Perhaps the new valet mode in v6.2 will hide those saved map locations?

Indeed, that's what the release notes say, per
what Elon posted on Twitter.

Edit: I take that back. It says your home and work addresses will be hidden, but it doesn't say anything about charge locations. One would hope they weren't so foolish to hide one and forget about the other.

Last edited: