Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Valet Service Ending

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Howdy friends. I had scheduled my Model X for its annual plus some minor issues a few days ago. The day of pickup, I was informed by the Tesla rep at the service center that this valet would be a one-time courtesy, because as of the new year, Tesla has completely stopped all courtesy valet. I told the rep that I wasn't surprised by this new policy, figuring that the service centers probably couldn't continue free valet for the long haul. I was told that very few owners thought the way I did, and that most were outraged, claiming that, like free supercharging, they were entitled to free valet service.

What do you guys think?

I used to request the valet loaner exchange nearly every time because I don't live near a service center and am happy to settle with mobile service. When you can use mobile service, it's much more convenient because your problem is fixed right there and you don't have to worry about someone else driving your car. They're both impressive services honestly.

Never knew this service existed but is ending. Oh well. I am happy if the SC has a loaner (any loaner - the Nissan Altima was awesome:(). available when I drop off the car. My service center also offers Lyft rides to the nearest metro stop.

Tesla does not recognize premium tiers and treats everyone the same. Let’s just say I didn’t buy a Tesla for their service...

This doesn't have to be some expensive service. Will they at least give you a ride home/pick you up personally?
Any dealer Ive ever used has a couple kids running around picking people up/dropping off, picking up parts, etc.

If i owned a service center, it would be open all night. With loaner to get home with. When car was finished , valet would take it home and exchane in the middle of the night. I know it will never happen , but that is best Karma in the world. Jax has a tiny building and 3s will make it worse. I fore see a weeks wait to get maintenance .

If i owned a service center, it would be open all night. With loaner to get home with. When car was finished , valet would take it home and exchane in the middle of the night. I know it will never happen , but that is best Karma in the world. Jax has a tiny building and 3s will make it worse. I fore see a weeks wait to get maintenance .
I wonder what the extreme anti-dealership people are thinking with the way service and parts are going.
Lasttoy opens up his own shop, sells new cars on the lot, makes most of his money on service and selling used cars.
Tesla isn't harmed, actually has one less headache, and customers get better service. Lasttoy gets the cars for a small
discount, then prices the car(no haggling) for the same price as online and maybe a delivery fee. People who would never
buy a car online would become new customers.

too bad this has been so poisoned over the years

• Love
Reactions: neroden
Sales guy told me about this service when I first test drove in 2017. said they would come pick up my car within 15 miles and drop it back off when they were done. No mention of it when I bought this past summer though, and SC never offered it to me on my several service visits to fix stuff. Actually I had completely forgotten about it until this thread...

I understand that this is not sustainable and didn’t expect it to last forever. That said living in Michigan where Tesla is not allowed to have service centers makes getting the car serviced a pain. I could argue that I was promised valet pickup when buying the car as this was a question I had asked and they said I don’t need to worry there is valet service... Any way for me it is an hour one way trip to Toledo but I feel sad for all the Tesla owners living further north. I can’t imagine spending 2 days to get my car serviced. Tesla should still offer valet service in states where they are banned. I wonder how many Tax dollars Michigan misses out because Michigan Tesla owners service their cars in Ohio maybe that is an incentive to change legislation