TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Valet Service Ending

Discussion in 'Tesla, Inc.' started by BeardedBro, Jan 7, 2019.

1. BeardedBro

BeardedBro Member

Howdy friends. I had scheduled my Model X for its annual plus some minor issues a few days ago. The day of pickup, I was informed by the Tesla rep at the service center that this valet would be a one-time courtesy, because as of the new year, Tesla has completely stopped all courtesy valet. I told the rep that I wasn't surprised by this new policy, figuring that the service centers probably couldn't continue free valet for the long haul. I was told that very few owners thought the way I did, and that most were outraged, claiming that, like free supercharging, they were entitled to free valet service.

What do you guys think?

2. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight No Roads

Nobody is entitled to free valet service.

• Like x 2
  3. Sprandt23

Sprandt23 Member

What are they referring to by 'valet' service, do you mean having a Tesla loaner while yours is in for service?

4. BeardedBro

BeardedBro Member

No, valet service is when the service center sends a tech with a loaner car to your home/workplace to swap out with your Tesla.

• Informative x 1
  5. Sprandt23

Sprandt23 Member

Wow, never been offered that. Only once did they offer to bring mine to my home after a service took longer than expected and picked up the loaner, but never offered it up front, I have always dropped off at the SC.

• Like x 1
  6. Pluto

Pluto Member

I used to request the valet loaner exchange nearly every time because I don't live near a service center and am happy to settle with mobile service. When you can use mobile service, it's much more convenient because your problem is fixed right there and you don't have to worry about someone else driving your car. They're both impressive services honestly.

• Like x 2
  7. Tam

Tam Well-Known Member

It just sounds too costly!

8. MXWing

MXWing Well-Known Member

Doesn’t scale when strip model 3 buyer expects the same service.

Such perks might be nice for the more premium tiers. P S/X, Roadsters etc

9. Tic-tac-toe

Tic-tac-toe Member

Never knew this service existed but is ending. Oh well. I am happy if the SC has a loaner (any loaner - the Nissan Altima was awesome:(). available when I drop off the car. My service center also offers Lyft rides to the nearest metro stop.

Tesla does not recognize premium tiers and treats everyone the same. Let’s just say I didn’t buy a Tesla for their service...

10. GlmnAlyAirCar

GlmnAlyAirCar Active Member

My SC stopped offering that in 2016.

11. Jedi2155

Jedi2155 Model 3 has Arrived.

Tesla needs to separate the Model 3 owners from the S/X owners. Except maybe the P3D owners :D.

But really, they need to keep their top paying customers with special service....

12. Barklikeadog

Barklikeadog Banned

This doesn't have to be some expensive service. Will they at least give you a ride home/pick you up personally?
    Any dealer Ive ever used has a couple kids running around picking people up/dropping off, picking up parts, etc.

13. BeardedBro

BeardedBro Member

Good point, and I'm not sure. Guess we'll find out moving forward as folks take their rides in to service centers.

14. Lasttoy

Lasttoy Active Member

If i owned a service center, it would be open all night. With loaner to get home with. When car was finished , valet would take it home and exchane in the middle of the night. I know it will never happen , but that is best Karma in the world. Jax has a tiny building and 3s will make it worse. I fore see a weeks wait to get maintenance .

15. Barklikeadog

Barklikeadog Banned

I wonder what the extreme anti-dealership people are thinking with the way service and parts are going.
    Lasttoy opens up his own shop, sells new cars on the lot, makes most of his money on service and selling used cars.
    Tesla isn't harmed, actually has one less headache, and customers get better service. Lasttoy gets the cars for a small
    discount, then prices the car(no haggling) for the same price as online and maybe a delivery fee. People who would never
    buy a car online would become new customers.

too bad this has been so poisoned over the years

• Love x 1
  16. Magellan55

Magellan55 Member

Sales guy told me about this service when I first test drove in 2017. said they would come pick up my car within 15 miles and drop it back off when they were done. No mention of it when I bought this past summer though, and SC never offered it to me on my several service visits to fix stuff. Actually I had completely forgotten about it until this thread...

17. Garlan Garner

Garlan Garner Supporting Member

I don't need valet service. Tesla mobile service has been great.

They came to the parking lot at my job and did my repairs.

• Like x 1
  18. mhinterseher

mhinterseher Member

I understand that this is not sustainable and didn’t expect it to last forever. That said living in Michigan where Tesla is not allowed to have service centers makes getting the car serviced a pain. I could argue that I was promised valet pickup when buying the car as this was a question I had asked and they said I don’t need to worry there is valet service... Any way for me it is an hour one way trip to Toledo but I feel sad for all the Tesla owners living further north. I can’t imagine spending 2 days to get my car serviced. Tesla should still offer valet service in states where they are banned. I wonder how many Tax dollars Michigan misses out because Michigan Tesla owners service their cars in Ohio maybe that is an incentive to change legislation

• Like x 1
    • Love x 1