Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Valet setting question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was just looking over the valet setting information on the manual. The speed limitation is 70 mph. Why on earth would a valet need to drive the car at 70 mph? I had been expecting to see 30 or 35 mph. All the other settings make good sense but this one. Am I missing something? This came to mind when I was thinking about leaving the car to be detailed. Is there a workaround for that? It would discourage joy riding if the car could only go slow.

I've read in another post that some valet park vehicles far away requiring driving on freeways - I have not seen or heard of any such valets. I would also be interested to know if the valet speed can be lowered.

I've read in another post that some valet park vehicles far away requiring driving on freeways - I have not seen or heard of any such valets. I would also be interested to know if the valet speed can be lowered.

The reason from what I understand on limiting to 70mph is a safety reason. If the driver needed the ability to accelerate to such a speed to avoid an accident or merge onto a road, etc., they would have it. I know that sounds crazy for a person that should just be parking your car nearby and only needing maybe 40mph or so to do so, but that seems to have been trumped by safety/legal concerns. And no, there is no way to alter the 70mph limitation...

I was just looking over the valet setting information on the manual. The speed limitation is 70 mph. Why on earth would a valet need to drive the car at 70 mph? I had been expecting to see 30 or 35 mph. All the other settings make good sense but this one. Am I missing something? This came to mind when I was thinking about leaving the car to be detailed. Is there a workaround for that? It would discourage joy riding if the car could only go slow.
You should be aware that if you put the car in valet mode your detailer will be unable to clean the frunk. This is especially important if you are getting a protection film applied since the detailer needs to open the frunk in order to wrap the film around the edges.

Edit: If you don't trust your detailer, find a different one.