TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Value adjustment on smaller battery models?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by NedBevFan, Sep 2, 2016.

1. NedBevFan

NedBevFan Member

Now that the P100D is officially released, how do you think the market will shake up on models with smaller battery packs? Same question with regard to used cars?
    Personally I'm just as likely to buy a 60D now as I was before, nothing has changed on my needs/wishlist. I wasn't going to buy a P90D then, I won't buy a P100D now, (whether or not I could afford one), I don't need the Performance model, though the range would be great. If I had the money, I would get a 90D though for the range.

2. randy1077

randy1077 Model X60 Vin 180XX. Reverved 8/11/2016

From my casual observation on used Tesla prices, the lower battery models retain a much higher percentage of their original MSRP. Some people whom paid $50,000 (after tax credit) for a 40KWh back in early 2013 can still get almost $40,000 now, 3.5 years later.

• Like x 1
  3. NedBevFan

NedBevFan Member

Thanks Randy, I'm 'new' to the game, hadn't even looked at a tesla until the model 3 announcement.