Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vancouver BC VIN .

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
UOTE="Canuck, post: 2762776, member: 18896"]
$73,300 plus $6,500 for AWD = 78,300.00
[/QUOTE]

I can't seem to edit my previous posts. But I am thinking the AWD would cost $6,600 CAD (based on the AP cost), not that it matters since it would be still over.

Since this is Vancouver BC VINs, has anyone gotten their HPWC installed?
If so, who did you get to install it.
Were they a Tesla-certified installer?
How much did it cost?
I just ordered mine today and hope to get it delivered and installed before my car arrives June 4.

Since this is Vancouver BC VINs, has anyone gotten their HPWC installed?
If so, who did you get to install it.
Were they a Tesla-certified installer?
How much did it cost?
I just ordered mine today and hope to get it delivered and installed before my car arrives June 4.

I just ordered HPWC as well and would like to get some references about who they got it installed from. I’m a novice when it comes to electric stuff so I would need some one good and reliable. Thanks for help!

How much did it cost parts and labor?
Inside garage or outside?
How long did it take to get your HPWC?
You got your incentive rebate?

I ordered my HPWC two weeks ago. Followed up last week to get the tracking details and they sent me a number that said the parcel had delivered to a random guy in Manitoba. I told them they must’ve got the wrong tracking number and they replied saying it’s got lost with FedEx and they’re sending a new one within 48 hrs. That was last Friday and they haven’t responded to any of my emails since. Driving me crazy, I have an electrician ready to go, but need the HPWC first and I have no idea if they’ve even sent it. Let’s me know if any of you know a phone number for the Tesla store support.

I had 3 people quote, first said it would be about $1000 for the install (carport down to basement, which is a fairly short run), but told me it would be another $1,300 for a charge controller because I would be over the load, unless I ran a 20A line.

Other two didn’t say I need this, but when I asked them to double check I wouldn’t be over the load they did a 180 and said that I actually would need a charge controller.

The guy across my street has his HPWC installed 2 years ago and has recently had to pull it out while selling his house because the city told him it wasn’t done properly, so be careful to get a few quotes and make sure they’re doing it right, a lot of people out there are clueless.

I ordered my HPWC two weeks ago. Followed up last week to get the tracking details and they sent me a number that said the parcel had delivered to a random guy in Manitoba. I told them they must’ve got the wrong tracking number and they replied saying it’s got lost with FedEx and they’re sending a new one within 48 hrs. That was last Friday and they haven’t responded to any of my emails since. Driving me crazy, I have an electrician ready to go, but need the HPWC first and I have no idea if they’ve even sent it. Let’s me know if any of you know a phone number for the Tesla store support.

I had 3 people quote, first said it would be about $1000 for the install (carport down to basement, which is a fairly short run), but told me it would be another $1,300 for a charge controller because I would be over the load, unless I ran a 20A line.

Other two didn’t say I need this, but when I asked them to double check I wouldn’t be over the load they did a 180 and said that I actually would need a charge controller.

The guy across my street has his HPWC installed 2 years ago and has recently had to pull it out while selling his house because the city told him it wasn’t done properly, so be careful to get a few quotes and make sure they’re doing it right, a lot of people out there are clueless.

What does needing a charge controller have to do with the load limit on the panel?

Doesn't the car have a built in charge controller to begin with?

How much did it cost parts and labor?
Inside garage or outside?
How long did it take to get your HPWC?
You got your incentive rebate?

I've been driving EVs since early 2014 so we're going back a few years. First, I had a 14-50 put in my garage because I naively thought the UMC was fine to use full time. It's not -- at least in my view. You'll soon notice how much of "lightweight" it is compared to a HPWC. Plus, I didn't like having to remember to take it to my cabin, where I had made a lightweight extension cord so it could reach the dryer.

I paid about $500 for parts and labour to install the 14-50 but the cost of installation depends a lot on the run required, and my fuse box is in the garage -- I ran it to the middle of the garage so not much was required. I also have a carport beside our two car garage, and I had the electrician install a Clipper Creek CS-60 at 48 amps for our Leaf outside but under cover -- not that the Leaf can use all of that but I wanted it also as a back up for the Tesla. That was a longer run -- but only by another 15' or so, and it was about $650 to install.

I ended up putting a 14-50 plug on the HPWC (there's threads about that here -- it's easy to do yourself) and set the dip switches to 64 amps, and plugged it into the 14-50 at my garage. I then set the car to 42 amps (so each charger gets 21 amps -- for less wear on the chargers). I don't need any more amps at home but at my lake house I had an 14-50 installed at 80 amps (100 amp breaker) since I need that to be able to drive there and home in one day. I bought the parts myself -- it was short run -- and had a local electrician install it -- after I had it all ready to go -- and he charged me couple of hundred but he has also done my furnace and a lot of other work and likely gave me a break -- although it really wasn't a lot of work.

There were no incentive rebates. I got my first HPWC directly from Tesla when they used to only have a service centre on Powell St and it cost me $1,500!