Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vancouver BC VIN .

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I gave them a call as well. She said unfortunately she cannot see if a VIN has been assigned. She said if I want to make any changes then she can send them to the Factory and they will advise if there will be any significant charges. If they charge me then my car is almost ready, if not then my car is not at that stage.

She also confirmed that Canada is still getting their orders. It just depends on what configuration the factory is working on.

I got confirmation today that I now have a VIN assigned but the guy I spoke with couldn't give it to me as he was not the Delivery Advisor (or whatever title that person has). Pretty excited that there is now a light at the end of the tunnel.

Did you call local store?

nope, the local store is clueless. When I called the store on West 4th in early June I was still being told that for new orders it would be 12-18 months for delivery.

Sounds to me like someone in Ontario who ordered a RWD | Red | PUP Black | 18” Wheels -- then Ford yanked his/her $14k so they backed out and it's been assigned to you. That's just my guess though.

I called 1-888-518-3752 and asked if I could still edit the configuration of my vehicle (I could no longer edit the vehicle by using the URL trick as of 2 days ago). I was told that their system shows me as having a VIN assigned and any changes could incur penalties and would set me back 2+ months. I quickly told him that nope, i'm good with what I have.

Now that's a nice surprise. Do you see your VIN now on your order page?, and if not, do you see it when you go to order a HPWC, for example?

Sounds to me like someone in Ontario who ordered a RWD | Red | PUP Black | 18” Wheels -- then Ford yanked his/her $14k so they backed out and it's been assigned to you. That's just my guess though.

Now that's a nice surprise. Do you see your VIN now on your order page?, and if not, do you see it when you go to order a HPWC, for example?
No, I don't see it in my account page yet. I also heard they fixed the HPWC thing a while back.

No, I don't see it in my account page yet. I also heard they fixed the HPWC thing a while back.

They fixed it for people who were not given VINs by email or account page first. But once you get a VIN, and you go to order something from Tesla, it should be there to ensure you get the right part for your vehicle. So if it's in the store, that's when you know you really got it.

Any comment on whether your vehicle came from Ontario? Just curious as what they are doing with the cancelled orders back there after the gov't pulled the rebate. I wonder if Tesla would even tell you if you asked.

I'd love to check but when I sign into my account on the "shop" section of the Tesla website I get this error:

There was an authentication issue. If this continues, please contact Customer Support.
Server failure processing resource operation. See log for details. Ref#-9223372034520266390

I've been getting this error for a long time now and have no ability to buy anything from the Tesla website.

nope, the local store is clueless. When I called the store on West 4th in early June I was still being told that for new orders it would be 12-18 months for delivery.

I called 1-888-518-3752 and asked if I could still edit the configuration of my vehicle (I could no longer edit the vehicle by using the URL trick as of 2 days ago). I was told that their system shows me as having a VIN assigned and any changes could incur penalties and would set me back 2+ months. I quickly told him that nope, i'm good with what I have.

Have they called you and set up a delivery date?

Really questioning their prioritisation. This is in the states and posted on the Tesla Forum, where someone with the same configuration, same area and non-owner is getting theirs before someone who reserved 2.5 years ago.

Tesla

Attachments

• Prioritization AWD waiting room non performance tesla forums.JPG
    Prioritization AWD waiting room non performance tesla forums.JPG
    47.5 KB · Views: 67
  • Informative
Reactions: T3l5aFan
At least you have a vin and Aug delivery is somewhat kind of expected for me when I configred.
For people without VIN like me, waiting for next batch to come probably mean Sept delivery and it sucks.

Your delivery should happen any time now coz someone got vin and delivery scheduled at the same time yesterday.
my expectation is still for a September delivery as the other local who got theirs scheduled for delivery was for a car that is already in YVR. I don't know where mine is as of yet.