Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vancouver BC VIN .

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wouldn't fully trust what the local store says, assuming that's who you talked to. I find based on personal experience and reading others comments is they are much in the dark like us. Could be wrong here, but I'm not confident that once a VIN is assigned to a BC buyer that they will do the paperwork to reserve it. Seems like an extra process for them considering the volume they have to go through.

I wouldn't fully trust what the local store says, assuming that's who you talked to. I find based on personal experience and reading others comments is they are much in the dark like us. Could be wrong here, but I'm not confident that once a VIN is assigned to a BC buyer that they will do the paperwork to reserve it. Seems like an extra process for them considering the volume they have to go through.
I think they have to do the process as the customer would not be willing to pay extra $5K when there are still funds available for them and Tesla would not just take $5K off of the invoice without some sort of reimbursement. CEV also indicates that responsibility must be on the dealer.

I think they have to do the process as the customer would not be willing to pay extra $5K when there are still funds available for them and Tesla would not just take $5K off of the invoice without some sort of reimbursement. CEV also indicates that responsibility must be on the dealer.

I would hope so. But at the time of finalizing everything, they can easily say the funds are exhausted and not put it in the final pricing. End of the day, we agreed to the pricing as ordered excluding taxes, govt fees, etc. according to the order agreement.

Reactions: Canuck
I would hope so. But at the time of finalizing everything, they can easily say the funds are exhausted and not put it in the final pricing. End of the day, we agreed to the pricing as ordered excluding taxes, govt fees, etc. according to the order agreement.

Yes, but when the funds were depleted in 2014, Tesla allowed people to back out and not complete and refunded the deposit in full and sold the vehicles as inventory cars. I think back east they gave the deposit back too recently and didn't force people to complete. But whether that happens again this time when the fund is depleted in BC is anyone's guess -- so it's a fair and good warning you are giving people.

Reactions: phtp
Just reached out to Tesla by phone (not the local store)and was given my VIN (757XX) and while on hold received an email from a local delivery person in Vancouver telling me my car is in transit and should arrive at the store late this week to early next week! Now I just need someone to respond to my numerous requests to change from cash to financing.

Just reached out to Tesla by phone (not the local store)and was given my VIN (757XX) and while on hold received an email from a local delivery person in Vancouver telling me my car is in transit and should arrive at the store late this week to early next week! Now I just need someone to respond to my numerous requests to change from cash to financing.

Please update us along the way, i will need to do the same when VIN is assigned