Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vancouver BC VIN .

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, I called W. 4th just now and didn’t get very much information. They couldn’t tell me anything beyond someone will contact me within the next couple of weeks and that deliveries will be taking place in June.:mad: Singularly unhelpful and was probably reading off a script.o_O Ah well. Back to vicariously living through others...;)

Well, I called W. 4th just now and didn’t get very much information. They couldn’t tell me anything beyond someone will contact me within the next couple of weeks and that deliveries will be taking place in June.:mad: Singularly unhelpful and was probably reading off a script.o_O Ah well. Back to vicariously living through others...;)

Probably not significant, but have you set your communication preferences on your Tesla account? When I checked mine a while back nothing was selected, so I selected all options.

I ordered on April 27 and got an email from Vegas yesterday to say I can fill out the finacning forms. No VIN number yet. I ordered Black Paint with the 19’’ Sport Wheels. Can't wait. I ask an insurance agent I know and she got me a quote of $1900 a year for the Model 3, In Victoria. I am sure it will be more in Vancouver.

Following up on this, in case it's helpful for anyone:

Here’s what my DA sent today: “The CEV rebate will be deducted from the total price (after tax). It will be calculated similar as below”

View attachment 303388

Note that neither the ISA from Vegas nor the Tesla financing person were aware of this so you may want to ensure everyone is on the same page if you’re financing.

Thanks for this, looks like PST is 10% (with the 3% Luxury tax). The change to having the CEV rebate deducted after tax is costing us another $2k, thank you Ministry of Finance.

I ordered on April 27 and got an email from Vegas yesterday to say I can fill out the finacning forms. No VIN number yet. I ordered Black Paint with the 19’’ Sport Wheels. Can't wait. I ask an insurance agent I know and she got me a quote of $1900 a year for the Model 3, In Victoria. I am sure it will be more in Vancouver.

Our insurance agent still isn't seeing the Model 3 in her system yet - was that quote based on the Model S?

Waiting Waiting & waiting............. :( Nothing yet, no calls, no emails.

We feel your pain. Does a VIN show up at the Tesla store when you go to purchase a HPWC?

Thanks for this, looks like PST is 10% (with the 3% Luxury tax). The change to having the CEV rebate deducted after tax is costing us another $2k, thank you Ministry of Finance.

Yes, it would be better to be in Alberta with no rebate and no PST. Oh, the irony.

Thanks for the rate update. Hopefully, it won't increase by the time dual motor is available. I was invited to configure on March 27th, but decided to wait for AWD, would be good for the rain and light snow that we get here.

There's also the rebate to consider, if there's still rebate funds available when AWD comes to BC:

Description Price (CAD) Long Range Battery $11,900 Model 3 $45,600 Premium Upgrades $6,600 Pearl White Paint $1,300 18’’ Aero Wheels Included Enhanced Autopilot $6,600 Subtotal $72,000 Destination and Documentation Fee $1,300 Total $73,300

$73,300 plus $6,500 for AWD = 78,300.00

If you remove the Dest. and Doc. fees it comes to exactly $77,000k.

Effective March 2, 2016, vehicles with a MSRP of over $77,000 shall not be considered eligible for the incentive rebate.

So there's hope for AWD, AP and rebate for those who are waiting. I guess you can pay for AP later but then it costs more. Still worth it though, if it means you can claim the rebate.

Last edited:
Tesla Service Lot on Powell this morning....

Did someone order one in red?

Attachments

• IMG_7068.JPG
    IMG_7068.JPG
    390.6 KB · Views: 48
  • Informative
  • Love
Reactions: Kira and Canuck
There's also the rebate to consider, if there's still rebate funds available when AWD comes to BC:

Description Price (CAD) Long Range Battery $11,900 Model 3 $45,600 Premium Upgrades $6,600 Pearl White Paint $1,300 18’’ Aero Wheels Included Enhanced Autopilot $6,600 Subtotal $72,000 Destination and Documentation Fee $1,300 Total $73,300

$73,300 plus $6,500 for AWD = 78,300.00

If you remove the Dest. and Doc. fees it comes to exactly $77,000k.

Effective March 2, 2016, vehicles with a MSRP of over $77,000 shall not be considered eligible for the incentive rebate.

So there's hope for AWD, AP and rebate for those who waited. I guess you can pay for AP later but then it costs more. Still worth it though, if it means you can claim the rebate.

It is a concern but I didn't really see that counter move down during the year, but then again it could be outdated. I was hoping for the scrap-it credit, but that's already gone for the model 3. Not sure how West 4th dealership decided to allocate it, but the program (scrap-it) is silly on how it qualifies and distributes them.

With that particular configuration it will be over the limit. Unfortunately, the doc fees will be taken into consideration when factoring MSRP prices. In theory, trade-in should bring that down, but I'm not 100% sure or counting on it since I won't be trading in any vehicles. I will most likely have to get it without AP and pay extra for it down the road.