Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vancouver Store

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got back from the event. It was nice to meet some of you. I missed any speeches too, as i had to leave for dinner as my kids were getting anxious. Any speech hilights?

I too was a little disappointed that the store was so small, and was hoping to see a skateboard. Excellent location though.

By skateboard, do you mean the car with no body, just wheels, battery, motor etc? That's what I was hoping to see as well. The rent must be astronomical down there and I have heard that rates have recently increased substantially, forcing some retailers to close.....so I see why they leased a small space.

They didn't have a skateboard on display as the store is too small.

Jerome gave a short speech about how he was happy to be there and thanked all the customers for sticking with Tesla and being so patient about the Vancouver store opening. Two local owners also spoke which was great. Was a fun event.

I was at the Vancouver event last night. Congrats to Robin and the team for making it a fun night. Also had a chance to talk with my favourite service team TJ and Mark. Had a chance to also thank Jerome for answering my emails directly -- it was cool to meet him in person.

edeju3u2.jpg

'Twas a grand time indeed. Congratulations to Robin, Mark and the whole rapidly swelling staff of Tesla Vancouver. In addition to new permanent employees, there are a number of Tesla folks from California up here for a few months to help bootstrap the operation. Judging by the turnout last night, I would say they are going to be swamped soon.

I enjoyed meeting some of the local owners I had not previously, and attaching some faces and voices to some TMC handles! :smile: Thanks particularly to DaveD and dsm363, who drove up from Seattle to join the fun.

I cannot give specifics, but Vancouver is already one of the fastest growing markets on the continent for Tesla. Jerome, who was very gracious and remembered me from when he was last here for the original Model S prototype display in 2010, spoke really warmly and enthusiastically. He confirmed that "Vancouver is very important to Tesla."

Here is a shot of Jerome speaking with Robin behind him, and about 2/3 of the reception room at the Fairmont:
photo.JPG

Here are the dedicated charging spots in the Fairmont parking garage, presumable to be used primarily to keep the test drive cars charged. It is a very convenient location, but I doubt they will be available to visiting owners (though I did not ask):
IMG_3804.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know why I forgot to take any pictures of the store itself, hopefully others will post some-- oh yeah, I was talking and meeting people non-stop from 3-8pm!

Despite missing the owners event I took the time to drop by on Saturday prior to going to a Whitecaps game with my brother. The place was absolutely hopping though obviously as small as it is, it doesn't take much to look busy. The staff all seemed pretty busy with prospective buyers and I wasn't able to say Hi to Mark Lidstone as he had to go to the Service Center where a number of customers had gone by mistake for test drives. I did meet Robin (we discussed Calgary challenges) and I have a good chat with Jerome. I also had a chance to talk to Randy from the Service Center who gave me my walk through when my car was in Vancouver awaiting delivery to Calgary. Given how much foot traffic there is on Robson (I haven't been downtown for years) this seems like a pretty good location.

Last edited:
So, had a good evening, though had to bug out early ... other things! Missed the speeches at the Fairmont, but managed to grab a glass of wine!

Met a few people, including dsm363 who made the hike from Seattle, and gabbed with some others that I'd already met on the Horseshoe Bay rally a few weeks back. I took some terrible cell phone pics:

10168070_10152403359317246_1665936557168275312_n.jpg

10155993_10152399790902246_687542499520598380_n.jpg