Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vancouver Store

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm supporting the EV Hockey Night by attending with my Model S. Been promised I can drive on the ice.
See you there in Victoria (unless the Giants are having one too?) Michael (sig red) and I will also be part of it. They haven't told me where they need my car yet, but it will remain locked so mustard-dripping greasy fingers and slabs of ketchupy cheese don't start fine-tuning the interior look.

So no event this weekend I guess?
To clear up possible confusion between Victoria and Vancouver: What I know is, the Victoria Royals hockey club are hosting a Return of the Electric Car night Fri Jan 31, in Victoria, and the game happens to be against the Vancouver Giants. There will be some Tesla Vancouver staff here in Victoria on Fri and Sat doing test drives because of the huge overflow from the test drive event this past weekend in Victoria. Model S's and other EVs will be involved in the hockey event - some parading on the ice (the good ice, not an ICE!!), some parked in the arena concourse, some (20-25) parked out front. So all that's in Victoria. On Thu Jan 30, the Tesla Vancouver Service Ctr is hosting an owner event but we can't make it over. There may be other stuff going on in Vancouver that I don't know about. Hope this helps.

Hi All,

I'm new here. Just signed up here today....I'm interested in the model S 85 since I need the extended range. I have a vacation home in Tulameen which is 30 minutes north of Princeton. The drive from my home to our lakehouse is 296 km via #1 to Hope, then #3 to Princeton, then 30 km on Coalmont Rd to Tulameen. I'd like to be able to make it there in one charge (without any significant "range anxiety") and any input from people here who know the route would be appreciated.

Well, to answer my own post, I made it with 122 km to spare!

I drove how I normally drive, which is about 10 km/hr above the posted speed limit - since that's the buffer the cops give. I didn't do any real fast accelerations but other than that I drove normally. When I drove to the lake yesterday, I stopped in Hope to charge because I was nervous. But after I arrived and did the calculations, I knew I'd make it home easy. So this morning, with a full range charge (it said 499km under "ideal"!) , I made the drive. I even used the seat heater through cold Manning Park (about 5C). Then coming into the valley it reached 20C so I opened the sunroof to cool down for a bit. Here's a picture of me charging at the lake. Under the kitchen stovetop, I have a 14-50 receptacle, so it was easy to unplug the range, plug in my home made extension cord, and run it out the window to the car. The lake just iced off last week...

20140411_191734_resized.jpg

That's a very scenic location.

You give me hope that I'll actually be able to travel with my Model S. I've got just over 400km to cover with nowhere to charge and a meandering elevation (no mountains though, just a few hills).

That shouldn't be a problem given my experience today. By the way, my 122 km after driving 300 km home, was the "rated range" -- not the "ideal range" - which would have even been higher.

So I received the formal invite today for the Vancouver store opening, as I am sure many of you have. They are nice enough to arrange complimentary valet parking at the Fairmont - great! But then they say you need your key to gain entry to the event. I am not usually one to valet park, but don't we have to leave the key with the valet? I can see a problem with that. I guess I could bring both keys... With 50 or more identical keys, I can also see the valet getting mixed up too. Any way, it should be a fun event!

So I received the formal invite today for the Vancouver store opening, as I am sure many of you have. They are nice enough to arrange complimentary valet parking at the Fairmont - great! But then they say you need your key to gain entry to the event. I am not usually one to valet park, but don't we have to leave the key with the valet? I can see a problem with that. I guess I could bring both keys... With 50 or more identical keys, I can also see the valet getting mixed up too. Any way, it should be a fun event!
I just got a generic invite... So I assume your event is probably an owner specific event before this (which seems to be public opening)?
Tesla Vancouver Grand Opening!
crm_map_marker_13x16.png
Tesla Vancouver

929 Robson Street
Vancouver, BC V6Z 2V7
crm_calendar_17x17.png
May 3rd – 4th
crm_clock_15x15.png
10am – 5pm
Join us Saturday, May 3rd – Sunday, May 4th as we celebrate the grand opening of our newest sales location in Vancouver. Schedule your appointment to test drive the award winning Model S today!

Test drive appointments are available to prospective customers. Appointments will be confirmed by a Tesla representative.

Hmmm ... I did get the first email with minimal detail about a 10 days ago (save the date, formal invitation to follow!), but didn't get the detailed one yet.

Guess it'll be important to make sure your license # or something is on the key fob?