Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vehicle shipments to Europe

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any idea how often Tesla ships cars to Europe these days? My Model S's status has been "Your Tesla has been built and is in transit from our Fremont factory to the port within the United States" for a bit over two weeks now (ok, 14 days and about 12 hours :) ). I'd imagine that they ship at least biweekly to move all that mass of Model 3s.

Mine has been in that state since (at least) 26 March :) I ordered the car on the first day after the price cut. I read from somewhere that this state takes 17 days on average. I am well past that. We probably will possibly get our cars with the same ship.

Ok, hope ours will be shipped within a week or so then. Then we'll probably have to allow two to three weeks for shipping to NL(?). Then maybe two weeks for assembly and transport to FI(?). ETD late May might be realistic.

Ok, hope ours will be shipped within a week or so then. Then we'll probably have to allow two to three weeks for shipping to NL(?). Then maybe two weeks for assembly and transport to FI(?). ETD late May might be realistic.

The cars are assembled in Europe but the status is "has been built" ? Do they mean they threw a bunch of parts in a box or is it just an old status message from before they started assembling in Europe?

^ That was a thorough shipping overview, thanks for the link. The procedure is probably the same for the Model 3s nowadays, not just for the Ses and Xes(?). Hope our Ses get "flagship treatment" and get reassembled and delivered first, before all those hundreds or thousands of 3s onboard the same vessel. :)

Does Tesla ship to Europe only around mid to late each quarter so that they can deliver the cars to the customers by the end of each quarter (next one being end of June)? My S has been in transit from Fremont to a port for the entire April, presumably waiting for the next ship.

I'm considering to cancel my current order and reorder an S with the upgraded drivetrain and suspension. However, it seems that it would get manufactured around Mid May, so presumably it wouldn't be shipped along with the cars planned to be delivered to the customers by the end of June. If the shipping slips past June I'm afraid that it would be shipped & delivered closer to the end of the next quarter, i.e. in August / September, which would be very late.

My Tesla’s status switched just from Train in the US directly to ”arrived to Europe”. Perhaps they drove it with train from the US to Netherlands.

I will probably cancel my order due to updates as well.

Last edited:
Mine got "beamed" directly from the US to Tilburg factory in NL - there was no status update on My Tesla about shipping what so ever. So, apparently Tesla ships more often than I was afraid of. It took just 46 days from order to arrival at Tilburg, which is actually pretty fast. However, they should update My Tesla at every point of the manufacturing and delivery process to keep the customers better informed.

I placed today a new order for an upgraded S, hope to receive it by the end of June.

S and X are build in US , deassembled and battery for security removed … then sent to east cost ( up to 1 week )

sent by boat to europe (1 to 2 weeks ), reassembled,tested in europe ( depending on queue 1 to 2 weeks ), sent to country ( some days ), checked and papers ( some days ) …. then delivered= total 3 to 4 month , 1 month from usa to delivery

Seems there are a few non-updated Teslas for sale in Finland soon. Care to buy my cheap 20’’ wheels, puddle lights, all season floor mats and/or the front storage drawer? I may switch to M3.
You can send me an email of your MS surplus stuff.

I took a M3 for a test drive in Vantaa. Nice car to drive, kind of like a go-kart and technically well up-to-date. However didn't personally like the interior and the soundproofing was no match for Finnish tarmac.....

Reactions: Tarzan_fi
Hmm I may take the delivery anyway after the good service in Vantaa. They patiently listened my whining and were very helpful and considerate; they even supported in designing an updated one and gave thorough advice on how to cancel the current one. It was such a good service that I will reconsider the cancellation still.