TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Vehicle Sold "As-Is?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by mknox, Jan 14, 2013.

1. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

Was just going through the electronic paperwork (Ontario) when I came across this statement which gave me pause:

ScreenShot001.jpg

I'll e-mail them tomorrow about this, but wondering what other Ontarians think this means.

2. razasunny54

razasunny54 Member

I had the same pause at this point lol. Im also asking about my trade in option which wasn't on the papers yet so still havn't electronically signed them...

3. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

It's standard wording:

OMVIC - Standards of Business Practice

Sounds like this is an attempt by their lawyers to establish the minimum possible legal liability.

4. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

Should have also mentioned that it appears Tesla's opted out of that with this wording which is also in the contract:

ScreenShot001.jpg

5. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

6. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

Yes, that's true. But I have to admit to being a bit taken aback when I saw this language in the paperwork.

Things like OMVIC and CAMVAP were put in place to help people who were having trouble with warranty claims, "lemons" and so forth. Everyone, and I'm sure you'd agree, Doug, says that Tesla's handling of their customers and dealing with issues/problems is second to none. I'm pretty confident of that myself. However, even manufacturers with less than stellar claims handling records are participants in these programs, so I wonder what's up with Tesla and why they are specifically and in legal terms backing away from these programs.

7. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

There might be some significant cost involved in joining up with the program. Also Tesla likes to do things "their way" and don't buy into the established dealer model, etc.

8. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

Just to circle back, I heard from Tesla and the "As-Is" thing is a mistake and will be removed from the final contract.

9. pbrulott

pbrulott Member

yes, the sold as is item was striked through in my docusign pre-MPVA

10. razasunny54

razasunny54 Member

yup striked out on mine aswell.