Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ventilated seats on 60/75 KwH cars

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I never sat in the premiums.. are they much better than next gens?

They are perforated/ventilated.

I had a demo 70 w/ next gen and then a demo p90d with premium seats the next day. Personally, I couldn't get the premium seats adjusted to the same comfort level as the next gen. I found the next gen very comfortable.

But, like mattresses, furniture, etc. Everyone's different and I'm sure some would find premium more comfortable.

I could hear the fan, but couldn't feel anything when I turned on the ventilated seats..

I test drove the Model X twice, and premium seats are more comfortable than next gen seats IMO. Next gen seats are like my old Audi A5 seats, but premium seats are like firm sofas. I'm glad that I'm taking delivery next month. My car will be a 2017 produced car, with new premium seats, upgraded for free. :)

I test drove a P100D with the premium seats and they were very comfortable and in the florida heat and humidity I could feel the seat ventilation. It felt stronger than in my BMW. However, I have noticed that with ventilated seats how much you feel it will vary based on what you are wearing and how hot and humid it is.

My car has next gen seats. I think they are extremely comfortable. They look great too. The only reason I would want the premium seats is for the ventilation and because they are the newest!

The only reason I would want the premium seats is for the ventilation and because they are the newest!
I think the ventilation is not an upgrade from what I've read. A/C is fine and seats are harder to care for with the perforations. The all important COMFORT is what will be the determining factor for me and I think Recaro is going to take the edge here. I think Tesla went "in house" to keep cost down although I bet they did a great job molding their own as well-mine was ordered November so I hope I get the option and I will go bounce around at the store to see what the buttometer tells me.

I'm **guessing** it's for new orders only. Otherwise, someone will complain the seats aren't as comfortable, what they ordered, etc. Also, easier to manage inventory.

The reviews of the air circulation aren't that great.

I didn't find them as comfortable as the next gen. But that will be a personal thing

Sounds like I may not be happy with the new seats. I thought the Premium seats were the NextGen seats when ventilation. I had the NextGen seats in my prior car and they were very comfortable. I am getting my car on December 28th so I guess I will have to wait and see if I am going to like them or not.

I also heard that the ventilation pulls air through the seat instead of blows air up through the seat. If this is true it does not sound like it will work very well.

Last edited:
When I test drove a P100D I kicked on the ventilated seats. They worked better than the ones in my BMW and about the same as in our GMC; They were also very comfortable... but it was a short drive. No one can top Ford on chilly posteriors because they use air from the AC and will freeze you out! But, ventilated seats are still better than nothing here in Florida...

I find precooling the cabin makes a huge difference as well on a hot day as the seats aren't heated up to 180 degrees when you sit down.

I do agree that perforated leather is a bit harder to keep looking nice. This is more of a style preference.

Reactions: DIL