Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Ventless" Dash Design

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's been pointed out how unfinished the design of dash must be because of the exclusion of vents, but as can be seen (heard) in this test drive demo, the dash has been designed to be "ventless," with some kind of invisible, single slot design instead. It's mentioned right at the beginning of the video.

Not sure if this has been posted on before. A ventilation system that doesn't create drafts could be cool. Lack of adjustability not so much. And there's nothing to break up the flatness of it all.

How are my my windows supposed to defrost when it's -35 degrees out without vents?
The test drive video did have the Tesla driver pointing out that the dash ventilation opening is concealed inside a long thin strip that runs the width of the dash, which I think is pretty neat. The driver said nothing about other ventilation openings, likely because he wasn't asked about them, but I am certain that Model 3 cabin ventilation will also include openings at the base of the windshield (every car built for many decades not has had them, as has every Tesla ever built) and also there will be footwell ventilation in the Model 3.