Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Verified Uncorked 75D (with delivery date please)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

TJ&TheBeast

Ghost | White 75D
May 1, 2016
Atlanta, GA
I have a facelift Model S 75D (ordered new Apr 2016, delivered late June 2016 originally as a 70D.). I emailed my service advisor to see if my car can be uncorked and will let the forum know the answer as soon as I get a reply.

I just wanted to start this thread to ask owners have been able to successfully uncork their 75D Model S via Tesla to help us verify when a car is too old to be uncorked. If you have, can you share your order/delivery date?

Thanks!

My running theory, which seems to be getting proven more and more everyday, is that every facelift car that subsequently has the Gen III onboard charger will eventually receive uncorking. I've seen April '16 orders like yours receive it.

Reactions: TJ&TheBeast
My running theory, which seems to be getting proven more and more everyday, is that every facelift car that subsequently has the Gen III onboard charger will eventually receive uncorking. I've seen April '16 orders like yours receive it.

I’m reaching the same conclusion, although as a UK owner with a Dec 16 build car I’ve had three ‘not eligibles’ so far. Although they’ve said it’s a global rollout, I suspect much like the software updates they are releasing eligible VIN’s slowly. At the moment it’s very much States orientated, hopefully not too much longer before the European market gets the green light.

• Love
Reactions: Gandiva77
I’m reaching the same conclusion, although as a UK owner with a Dec 16 build car I’ve had three ‘not eligibles’ so far. Although they’ve said it’s a global rollout, I suspect much like the software updates they are releasing eligible VIN’s slowly. At the moment it’s very much States orientated, hopefully not too much longer before the European market gets the green light.
Yep, I'm sure you all will. Have any Britons attempted contacting the executive team via their Tesla account? I assume so, just curious what Tesla's response was. (Unsure if your SC or the "team" referenced global rollout).

Yep, I'm sure you all will. Have any Britons attempted contacting the executive team via their Tesla account? I assume so, just curious what Tesla's response was. (Unsure if your SC or the "team" referenced global rollout).

I messaged via My Tesla and then when the reply said not eligible I escalated to the executive team. I also contacted my SC and when they said not eligible I replied asking for that to be escalated. These were both last Tuesday and I’ve not had a reply to either. I’m holding fire for the moment as the longer it goes on the more cars are getting uncorked, the more likely ours over here will too.

Uncorked mine today! 4/15/2017 delivery. MS75D. VIN ending in 190xxx.

This thing feels like a whole different car. Acceleration is way stronger and the sound of the motor spinning up is much stronger and faster now. Like adding intake, exhaust and headers to your already fast car. But without the annoying sound drowning out your sound system.

I had my car in for a service issue and the service guy asked me if i wanted to have it uncorked without me even asking him about it!

Good luck to you all and i hope you are able to get this, best and most thrilling update for your cars.

Just had mine uncorked today. April 2017 custom order (not inventory) with May 2017 manufacturing date and delivery. VIN198xxx
Definitely faster, max power 330Kw on 60% SoC. Did not have time for detailed runs but hopefully tomorrow.