Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Version 42.3 update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don’t get it. Why does Tesla create so many software versions?

I am only in 2018.40, but some are still in 2018.39 and others are already in 2018.42

And now there is a 43.2.

I feel like a lower class Tesla owner stuck in a lower version

It's the same reason they don't do a fleet wide release. They slowly release updates and if there's an issue found they can fix it and release the fixed version to the rest.

I don’t get it. Why does Tesla create so many software versions?

I am only in 2018.40, but some are still in 2018.39 and others are already in 2018.42

And now there is a 43.2.

I feel like a lower class Tesla owner stuck in a lower version

I’m at .39 and only care because of the audio glitch. Newer features are cool, but bugs are so annoying to deal with on a daily basis.

Reactions: outdoors
Then I'm pretty confused why I don't have it?

Car has EAP (and FSD for that matter)

No mention of it in release notes, no mention of it under Nav or AP settings in the car.

SW version shows as 2018.42.3 eb373a0
There was a lot of conversation on the fact that you need the latest map update (7 GB) before it shows up, did you have it on a previous release?

Unfortunately, I just came from 36.2, so my NoA just got configured this morning :). Haven't driven with it however, but it's in the settings and ready for me to turn on.

There was a lot of conversation on the fact that you need the latest map update (7 GB) before it shows up, did you have it on a previous release?

Unfortunately, I just came from 36.2, so my NoA just got configured this morning :). Haven't driven with it however, but it's in the settings and ready for me to turn on.

Hrm....no idea... how do you check what map version you have?

When are they going to release some kind of “check for update” button (for maps etc) this is so annoying. I totally understand that they don’t want to spend a fortune on LTE data... not everyone parks in close range to a WiFi hotspot!

I wasted $30 in a WiFi repeater that seems completely useless :/

When are they going to release some kind of “check for update” button (for maps etc) this is so annoying.

November 5, 2019 at 10:42 am and 20 seconds....... plus or minus a year :rolleyes:

Yes, it would be nice to have that button for a lot of people that want it. Frankly, I will likely never use it. It like finding out the experiences of other people before I allow the update :D

EDIT: I hope when that button appears, it will indicate IN ADVANCE as to what version it will install. Right now, we don't have any idea what version is being installed until after it is done.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: TT97