Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Version 42.3 update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anybody know if the camera bug (corrupting the USB) was fixed?

Too soon to tell for me but I did notice a slight behavior change..

It beeps when you tap it and it caused a save-to-disk to happen. Further, it seemed to delete the previous days files when I did that.. I had not saved, those were ones it created just cause driving

I found that long-press to shut it off then again to turn it on reduced corruption but that was prior to this update; I plan to not shut it down nice and see how it behaves after my newer faster micro ssd card arrives..

When are they going to release some kind of “check for update” button (for maps etc) this is so annoying. I totally understand that they don’t want to spend a fortune on LTE data... not everyone parks in close range to a WiFi hotspot!

I wasted $30 in a WiFi repeater that seems completely useless :/
I did the same but my car has full WiFi in the garage and I have received updates. $30 also.

I believe drive on nav will show up when it is available. From the short video, it didn't look like something you would see otherwise.
I believe it is only available on major highways, and only in the US.

It shows up to turn in on/off in general- then will show up to enable for a specific trip in the nav display f the trip can use the feature.

I've got none of that (on 42.3) and I'm in the US.

I just got 42.2 last night, Drive On Nav didn't appear until I toggled it on under the AutoPilot settings screen. And it still required camera calibration for about 2 miles before it was fully active. Hope that helps with your enabling :)

Nope.

That option does not exist on my 42.3 car

Only explanation I've seen suggested is you maybe need a new map update for it to appear, but doesn't seem to be any way to know what version you have on the car, nor what version you need to check this theory. Car is on wifi ~12 hours a day so it should be downloading anything it needs pretty easily.

One way to tell if you have the new maps, under navigation settings where you can toggle ferries or tolls, there should be an option for "HOV lanes". If it's missing then it's still on the old maps.

Yup, I have that. And have for a while.

Yet still no drive on nav :(

Picture of my release notes- showing nothing added since 39.7 other than keyfob support is attached

Attachments

• 432notes.png
    432notes.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 65
You must not have EAP? Take a picture of your AutoPilot screen

I very definitely have EAP, I use it all the time. Probably a good 80% of my miles ever driven have been with EAP on.

Just no drive on nav, despite being on 42.3

EDIT- After seeing the post in the other thread about a guy in same situation who said drive on nav magically appeared overnight I just went and checked- sure enough, despite it not being there (or in the 42.3 release notes when I updated to it Friday morning) it's NOW there.

Weird.

Last edited: