Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Version Number?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm on 2020.5.10.5. Just out of curiosity what the last 4 of your VIN? Mine is in the 5xxx, I wonder if the final decimal in the version number is somehow related to that, but it's unlikely. Often times the various models 3, S, X, etc have been on slightly different branches of the system so often they are not all on the same release. Doesn't necessarily mean that a later version has features you don't, just may have been model specific bug fixes.

There's no way I know of to fore an update aside from getting ahold of someone at a service center and getting them to push an update to your car, and like I said, you may have the latest version available for your car. If you select the "advanced" option in the software update section of the settings you should get updates pretty close after they're released.

This 5.10 update is one of the starter software, we will all get a update that will merge us with the fleet. It will take some time as MY has a few different system that has to be accounted for plus adding features from the 3 into the MY. This is normal when new cars come they have these strange software but we will be updating before you know it.

I'm on 2020.5.10.5. Just out of curiosity what the last 4 of your VIN? Mine is in the 5xxx, I wonder if the final decimal in the version number is somehow related to that, but it's unlikely. Often times the various models 3, S, X, etc have been on slightly different branches of the system so often they are not all on the same release. Doesn't necessarily mean that a later version has features you don't, just may have been model specific bug fixes.

There's no way I know of to fore an update aside from getting ahold of someone at a service center and getting them to push an update to your car, and like I said, you may have the latest version available for your car. If you select the "advanced" option in the software update section of the settings you should get updates pretty close after they're released.

Vin is 09xx so don’t think it has anything to do with that. A better question is what trim everyone has, since versions are more like tied to AWD vs performance for example.

VIN 08XX
Delivered 3/19 Chicago
Performance

Software is missing quite a few features from our M3. Namely, no wheel config option, no split climate control, and I'm not sure, but no Dog or Camp mode either? Looking forward to an update to bring these Y's into the fleet!

Also, looking forward to a future update that gives us that off the line acceleration "punch" like the 3 has...they are definitely holding back on the Y in software.

Good to know! Please report back if wheel config, split climate control, dog mode, etc. is now available after the update!
Sorry for the false alarm. 2020.5.10.3 vice v10.2

That said Dog Mode, Camp Mode, and Cabin Overheat Pro all working.
No Split Climate, Wheel Config, or dramatic AP/Nav changes in evidence.

I have Mobile Service coming later today to address Home Link and other stuff I found upon delivery. Will advise as applicable.