Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vibration In Steering Wheel

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The foam is only a temporary solution. According to Tesla, this part is a permanent solution to the vibration problem (GRILLE COVER UPR, FR FASCIA MS2 (1057847-00-E)) I had it installed today. The vibration is gone at all speeds. This problem has plagued me since I first upgraded my nosecone car the the OEM facelift. It's a major relief to have the vibration eliminated.

• Informative
Reactions: phaduman and Joe F
Thanks for that. Any idea/pic of what this part is?

It looks the same as the part it replaced but the plastic is a bit stiffer. Here a a few photos (the vertical pieces are removed on installation).
2I700+QMQ5yLicBAWHDETw.jpg

eLA5Dbm3R%WPfP1QMYnoUw.jpg

Reactions: MP3Mike
The foam is only a temporary solution. According to Tesla, this part is a permanent solution to the vibration problem (GRILLE COVER UPR, FR FASCIA MS2 (1057847-00-E)) I had it installed today. The vibration is gone at all speeds. This problem has plagued me since I first upgraded my nosecone car the the OEM facelift. It's a major relief to have the vibration eliminated.

So is this suppose to replace my original GRILLE COVER UPR, FR FASCIA MS2 1057847-00-D? They look almost exactly the same.
DSC01893.jpg

Good work there. I had the same problem back in October when I bought the car new. They were still investigating this issue (it seems to be quite widespread) - but one of the technicians felt that to be the case and they were right. My obvious vibrations are gone since that "fix" - as they said a permanent fix was still not developed - I am hoping now it is with your repair getting a more official naming". I created a youtube video to pinpoint what my technician told me was the issue.
I confirm this also fixed my vibration issues.
Model S 90D AP2