Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vibration on my new 2022 model x plaid

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello i have my new model x plaid on the dealer, this is the 3er time i take it there and they can't give an answer of what is costing vibration on the car on high speed
car vibrate over 85 m/h usually. it doesn't get worst it is just a annoying vibration that i don't think it should be there. the dealer told me that over 85 m/h you are going to feel something because it is too fast, and i couldn't take that answer i think it is little stupid.
please if anybody can help me or tell me if you are experiencing same please let me know
thank you

Hello i have my new model x plaid on the dealer, this is the 3er time i take it there and they can't give an answer of what is costing vibration on the car on high speed
car vibrate over 85 m/h usually. it doesn't get worst it is just a annoying vibration that i don't think it should be there. the dealer told me that over 85 m/h you are going to feel something because it is too fast, and i couldn't take that answer i think it is little stupid.
please if anybody can help me or tell me if you are experiencing same please let me know
thank you
was at the track the other day and drove till speed locked, 156 MPH...0 vibration although plenty of rattles and squeaks but those can be heard at 20MPH as well.
Tesla service team are well known for BS answers like "normal noises" "normal gaps" etc... just lack of professionalism and 0 care about customers.
Take it to a different service center and try your luck there.

thank you
I have this exact same issue in my 22 XPlaid. I’ve noticed this since new. In a previous life I was a mechanic and all signs point to an out of round tire. Kinda feels like a hop rather then a balancing issue.

I also have this low speed vibration that others have mentioned in here. I’ll get the service center to checkout.

I have this exact same issue in my 22 XPlaid. I’ve noticed this since new. In a previous life I was a mechanic and all signs point to an out of round tire. Kinda feels like a hop rather then a balancing issue.

I also have this low speed vibration that others have mentioned in here. I’ll get the service center to checkout.
i am went 3 times already to service and they can't find anything and vibration still there i am already talking to them to see if i can get a new car i told them i don't want this car anymore and that it came defected. i hope they can bring something up who knows

was at the track the other day and drove till speed locked, 156 MPH...0 vibration although plenty of rattles and squeaks but those can be heard at 20MPH as well.
Tesla service team are well known for BS answers like "normal noises" "normal gaps" etc... just lack of professionalism and 0 care about customers.
Take it to a different service center and try your luck there.
thank you

I had Model X 2018 and having the same issue. Here is what I did to fix the problem.

1. Check the noise cancellation foam if it loose for all one of the 4 tires. If yes, Tesla SC need to fix them.
2. Rebalance your tires
3. Do alignment. Do ask the technician provide before and after report print out so you can compare the number.

Vibration won't go away 100%, my car still a little shaking at high speed 85+. I asked other MX owner (20" wheel) and he told me he did not had same issue as mine. Not sure if it wheel size is the problem since I had 22" Onyx.

Good luck

Interesting. I just placed a service request for my 22 MXP. GPS not accurate.

They added 2 additional service items.
1) Check Tires
2) Inspect front damper solenoid position

I hope #2 above is related to the vibration.
It says in a service note that the damper solenoid helps reduces vibrations…I was looking at the 2022 and there’s no difference on the front suspension from the 2020 in fact the half shaft Part number is the same as the 2020 ..the front is the same but the rear suspension is where the difference is from the 2020- 2022

I am currently experiencing the same issue, however, my 23 MXP vibrates when I start driving and you can tell because the seat's backrest and headrest vibrate quite a bit and when you get to 65+mph the steering wheels vibrates/wobbles quite a bit! I have 700 miles and 250 are for service appointment. They fixed the rattle noises, I love my MXP, but the vibration feeling throughout the cabin cannot stand. Also, I notice when I step on the "gas" pedal, it makes like a humming noise and vibration feels throughout the cabin. Anyone has gotten this fixed?
Service replaced the front half seats on both sides and nothing changed. He said could be defective or flooring it, but I took it from the dealer and it was already vibrating. :(

Picked up my X plaid on Sunday and on the 2 hrs drive home felt a slight vibration in the steering wheel and could see the passenger seat vibrate when I was doing 75+ so scheduled an appointment. Did a quick drive with the service technician and while he could feel it sitting in the passenger seat I had him feel the steering wheel and he said it wasn’t normal. The ended up trying to rebalance all the wheels but ended up replacing 3 of the tires since they couldn’t get them balanced correctly. This seemed to fix the issue for me.

Picked up my X plaid on Sunday and on the 2 hrs drive home felt a slight vibration in the steering wheel and could see the passenger seat vibrate when I was doing 75+ so scheduled an appointment. Did a quick drive with the service technician and while he could feel it sitting in the passenger seat I had him feel the steering wheel and he said it wasn’t normal. The ended up trying to rebalance all the wheels but ended up replacing 3 of the tires since they couldn’t get them balanced correctly. This seemed to fix the issue for me.
Bad tires can do that too, let us know if if feel the vibration and a few weeks. What tires did they swap with?