Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Videos?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any keynote videos -- or any other that have been posted? Did a search and didn't turn up anything.

You know, I would have paid for a LiveStream event. Just FYI for next year. No way could I get out there this year..'envy....'

TMC requested that we do not take or post videos to promote the free exchange of ideas without the pressure of the media being on site. It also makes it so the experience is more personal. You should just come next year. :)

Oh ... gotta go. Poolside breakfast is about to start!

- K

I get it!

TMC requested that we do not take or post videos to promote the free exchange of ideas without the pressure of the media being on site. It also makes it so the experience is more personal. You should just come next year. :)

- K
Ah, you lucky guys. If I wasn't a working unit in Nebraska, I'd be there! Have fun!

- K

Bummer, I just assumed...

I would have gone, but my wife's birthday is the 4th, and we went to Hawaii for that. Maybe next year I can get the birthday trip to be to visit the Santa Cruz mountains and the south bay.

Bummer, I just assumed...

I would have gone, but my wife's birthday is the 4th, and we went to Hawaii for that. Maybe next year I can get the birthday trip to be to visit the Santa Cruz mountains and the south bay.
Worked for me, my wife's birthday is today and we're up in San Francisco for a couple days post conference. Fun weekend from many angles.

- K
Agree but some (not all) of the presenters said they would provide copies of their slide shows somewhere. or did I miss hear them.

Agree but some (not all) of the presenters said they would provide copies of their slide shows somewhere. or did I miss hear them.
No, you didn't mis-hear. That did come up in a number of the sessions. However, they all appeared to assume Doug was going to be sharing the slide decks by posting them somewhere, and I don't think he ever claimed to be doing that. It didn't happen last year, to my knowledge. You should ask him if you're interested.

Well, nothing new from Tesla presenters at the event about any of the hot topics that are being endlessly discussed in some TMC threads.
And I did not expect anything new fromTesla at the event. That's not what the event is about it's about Tesla owners and enthusiasts getting together to meet and talk and hear presentations.

Thats a real bummer, seems very unfair to the folks who don't live in Cali.
Unfair? How so? The company - Tesla - is based out of Cali, so it would only make sense to have the fan club meet somewhere nearby to get the benefits of a Factory Tour and the speakers from Tesla that they had at TMC are probably much easier to facilitate since it is "down the road".

Seems like it is the most logical place to host TMC! (once gigafactory is running, I can see the "possibility" of a Reno, NV TMC event, but still would take Tesla Factory over Battery Factory tour if it was up to me)

Unfair? How so? The company - Tesla - is based out of Cali, so it would only make sense to have the fan club meet somewhere nearby to get the benefits of a Factory Tour and the speakers from Tesla that they had at TMC are probably much easier to facilitate since it is "down the road".

Seems like it is the most logical place to host TMC! (once gigafactory is running, I can see the "possibility" of a Reno, NV TMC event, but still would take Tesla Factory over Battery Factory tour if it was up to me)

I wasn't commenting on the location of TMC, but the policy of no videos meaning that non-local folks can't easily participate.

Tesla requested that we not post video of their speakers, nor allow media. We can post video of the other speakers.

The Tesla talks were good but there were no earth-shattering (or even acorn-shattering) revelations.

Sounds like when that engineer working on the autopilot software gave the talk to us during the Reach the Beach event. Interesting, but nothing that would make or break the event. Certainly appreciated him coming for sure but if you didn't get to see it then it is OK. I assume it was something like that, right?

Per Tesla's request, there are unlikely to be any vids of the Tesla sessions. There is video of the other sessions, though it will take some time for me to get that edited together.

In the mean time, more vids from last year are now publicly available.