TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Videos?

Discussion in 'TMC Connect' started by W0QR, Jul 12, 2015.

1. W0QR

W0QR Member

Any keynote videos -- or any other that have been posted? Did a search and didn't turn up anything.

You know, I would have paid for a LiveStream event. Just FYI for next year. No way could I get out there this year..'envy....'

2. Lex

Lex Member

3. W0QR

W0QR Member

TMC 2015 Connect

No, I was after video from TMC Connect 2015. I'm a subscriber to the above.

4. Khatsalano

Khatsalano Member

TMC requested that we do not take or post videos to promote the free exchange of ideas without the pressure of the media being on site. It also makes it so the experience is more personal. You should just come next year. :)

Oh ... gotta go. Poolside breakfast is about to start!

- K

5. W0QR

W0QR Member

I get it!

Ah, you lucky guys. If I wasn't a working unit in Nebraska, I'd be there! Have fun!

6. stevejust

stevejust Pati ≡nc ≡

Bummer, I just assumed...

I would have gone, but my wife's birthday is the 4th, and we went to Hawaii for that. Maybe next year I can get the birthday trip to be to visit the Santa Cruz mountains and the south bay.

7. Cattledog

Cattledog Active Member

Worked for me, my wife's birthday is today and we're up in San Francisco for a couple days post conference. Fun weekend from many angles.

8. dsmith2189

dsmith2189 Active Member

Agree but some (not all) of the presenters said they would provide copies of their slide shows somewhere. or did I miss hear them.

9. Gizmotoy

Gizmotoy Active Member

No, you didn't mis-hear. That did come up in a number of the sessions. However, they all appeared to assume Doug was going to be sharing the slide decks by posting them somewhere, and I don't think he ever claimed to be doing that. It didn't happen last year, to my knowledge. You should ask him if you're interested.

10. EVenthusiast

EVenthusiast Member

Was anything noteworthy discussed (assuming you didn't have to sign an NDA just to attend)? Videos or not, we are all just hoping attendees will share anything new (without violating any rules of course) :)

11. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

Well, nothing new from Tesla presenters at the event about any of the hot topics that are being endlessly discussed in some TMC threads.
    And I did not expect anything new fromTesla at the event. That's not what the event is about it's about Tesla owners and enthusiasts getting together to meet and talk and hear presentations.

12. jaguar36

jaguar36 Member

Thats a real bummer, seems very unfair to the folks who don't live in Cali.

13. mspisars

mspisars Member

Unfair? How so? The company - Tesla - is based out of Cali, so it would only make sense to have the fan club meet somewhere nearby to get the benefits of a Factory Tour and the speakers from Tesla that they had at TMC are probably much easier to facilitate since it is "down the road".

Seems like it is the most logical place to host TMC! (once gigafactory is running, I can see the "possibility" of a Reno, NV TMC event, but still would take Tesla Factory over Battery Factory tour if it was up to me)

14. jaguar36

jaguar36 Member

I wasn't commenting on the location of TMC, but the policy of no videos meaning that non-local folks can't easily participate.

15. mspisars

mspisars Member

My bad, misunderstood your post.

16. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

Tesla requested that we not post video of their speakers, nor allow media. We can post video of the other speakers.

The Tesla talks were good but there were no earth-shattering (or even acorn-shattering) revelations.

17. gavine

gavine Petrol Head turned EV Enthusiast

I found two videos so far -->

tmc connect - YouTube

One is Bruno Bowden's speech about setting the distance record and the other is an interview with Chelsea Sexton from the "News from the Frunk" guy.

18. chickensevil

chickensevil Active Member

Sounds like when that engineer working on the autopilot software gave the talk to us during the Reach the Beach event. Interesting, but nothing that would make or break the event. Certainly appreciated him coming for sure but if you didn't get to see it then it is OK. I assume it was something like that, right?

19. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

Per Tesla's request, there are unlikely to be any vids of the Tesla sessions. There is video of the other sessions, though it will take some time for me to get that edited together.

In the mean time, more vids from last year are now publicly available.

20. raynewman

raynewman Member

Ya. The Tesla part of TMC was disappointing; especially after travelling so far.