Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VIN Assigned! 140286...Highest I've seen yet.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Once the welcome screen goes away you will see all the information/controls. This only happens when the rep dropping the car off “pushes” the update to your account.
The screen will only go away if you have completed everything in your profile including sending payment and/or agreeing to financing. Once you agree to everything they will transfer the car from the sales center account to your account so you can access to sign the paperwork they leave in the car, if you do not sign while they are there.

The screen will only go away if you have completed everything in your profile including sending payment and/or agreeing to financing. Once you agree to everything they will transfer the car from the sales center account to your account so you can access to sign the paperwork they leave in the car, if you do not sign while they are there.
Bro, I’ve had the car for over week...

Just relating my experience that the car doesn’t always show up in the app when it is at your house. Your experience will lead to people questioning why they can’t see the location in the app while waiting for delivery. It’s great that you got an early surprise but just wanted to temper others expectations. Bro.

Just relating my experience that the car doesn’t always show up in the app when it is at your house. Your experience will lead to people questioning why they can’t see the location in the app while waiting for delivery. It’s great that you got an early surprise but just wanted to temper others expectations. Bro.
No it won’t. BRO, you should look at the time stamps before you add to the conversation is all.. Bro. Brah, brother.😎

No it won’t. BRO, you should look at the time stamps before you add to the conversation is all.. Bro. Brah, brother.😎
I looked at all the time stamps. Pretty easy. You posted that your app said the car is in your driveway correct? This is not always what happens. I wasn't doubting you or calling you out. I was just pointing out to other members that this won't happen unless you have signed and accepted everything in the app. We just had a MY delivered on Friday. We couldn't see the car until the delivery driver released it from delivery mode and he couldn't do that until we accepted all of the forms (we hadn't accepted the finance agreement in full and hadn't signed the Clean Air Rebate form) since we had a question on a $2000 shipping fee that needed to be refunded and whether they would adjust the total amount of the loan accordingly. Once that was answered we signed everything and they were able to transfer the car to us so we could see it in the app.

Maybe you should be nicer to other people who are trying to help and read before you jump to conclusions.

I looked at all the time stamps. Pretty easy. You posted that your app said the car is in your driveway correct? This is not always what happens. I wasn't doubting you or calling you out. I was just pointing out to other members that this won't happen unless you have signed and accepted everything in the app. We just had a MY delivered on Friday. We couldn't see the car until the delivery driver released it from delivery mode and he couldn't do that until we accepted all of the forms (we hadn't accepted the finance agreement in full and hadn't signed the Clean Air Rebate form) since we had a question on a $2000 shipping fee that needed to be refunded and whether they would adjust the total amount of the loan accordingly. Once that was answered we signed everything and they were able to transfer the car to us so we could see it in the app.

Maybe you should be nicer to other people who are trying to help and read before you jump to conclusions.
Was totally cool until that sarcasm. I’m very nice to people! What you were saying is a classic case of “your experience may very”. I honestly don’t think that they follow every protocol 100% of the time with every new car. Evidently.

Just got a VIN of 5YJYGDEE5MF140286 for a LR AWD.

* LR AWD
* White
* White Interior
* Tow Hitch

Delivery date says March 15-21. I'm in the St. Louis area.

I don't expect to take delivery of this VIN unless I can confirm (visually by going to the delivery center) that it has the updated LED headlights.

Also, I'm doing a cash payment, to I have to submit my info on the website or can I pay by check in person after I inspect the car?
Just got my Vin today....Starts with 175........

Reactions: ratsbew
It's really easy to calculate. Just multiply recent efficiency Wh/mi by projected range at 100% condition.

Go to the trip graph where it shows your recent efficiency. Take the Wh/mile number along the left side, multiply that by the remaining range along the right side and then divide by your current battery % (change your display to percentage).

Example: 222Wh/mile * 150 miles remaining (from graph, not the battery icon) = 33.3kWh remaining. Now divide that by your current battery percentage remaining. Example, at 50% divide by 0.5 and you find your full capacity is 66.6kWh.

This method has been proven to work.

It's really easy to calculate. Just multiply recent efficiency Wh/mi by projected range at 100% condition.

Go to the trip graph where it shows your recent efficiency. Take the Wh/mile number along the left side, multiply that by the remaining range along the right side and then divide by your current battery % (change your display to percentage).

Example: 222Wh/mile * 150 miles remaining (from graph, not the battery icon) = 33.3kWh remaining. Now divide that by your current battery percentage remaining. Example, at 50% divide by 0.5 and you find your full capacity is 66.6kWh.

This method has been proven to work.
And by full capacity that does take into account any degrading that has happened over time. My 1 year old M3 shows a full capacity of 49.5 kWh. Should be 52.5 as new. But if your car is new it should get you your full capacity.