Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VisibleTesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Given that lots of people started having this problem at once, I think something changed on the server side that VisibleTesla wasn't prepared to deal with. I see where it's going wrong, but am not yet sure why. I hope to be able to spend some time debugging soon.

-----------

Just noticed that this is post 1000 on this thread. Too bad it's about a problem!

Given that lots of people started having this problem at once, I think something changed on the server side that VisibleTesla wasn't prepared to deal with. I see where it's going wrong, but am not yet sure why. I hope to be able to spend some time debugging soon.

-----------

Just noticed that this is post 1000 on this thread. Too bad it's about a problem!

Congrats! - And and great app! - Glitches like this are to be expected whenever the underlying infrastructure changes without any warning. So be of good cheer. Let me know if you need my log file to chase this down.

Same for me this morning on the locating tab. I have had 5.9 for over a week and it was working even after the update so I do not think it as to do with the update to 5.9 per se but rather something on the server side that has changed, as you noted.

Mine's been throwing that snapshot refresh failure for maybe 4-5 days now, I think. My graphs and location data all stopped at about the same time time. I emailed about it a few days ago since I thought it was unique to my car since I've had a few other issues and didn't want to pollute the thread, but I'm glad/sad others are having it now, too. Hopefully it's now more obvious what's going on.

As others have reported, I've also lost the tracking. But they seem to have happened at different times:

The odometer on the overview tab shows 14,954.2 miles. That corresponds to Monday morning's commute -- 4/14 at 5:56AM MST (same as PDT), where the trip log start shows 14,954.6 -- the trip log's first location is around the corner from my house, so the 0.4 difference makes sense...

However, the trips tab collected data through my commute home yesterday -- last location is in the garage at 5:49PM MST.

OK, something has definitely gone awry. It's not just VisibleTesla. I can't get streaming data even with a set of commands sent directly to Tesla's servers with curl.
Does your mobile app still work? Mine does. I stopped streaming data to my server a few months ago after a rather frustrating email conversation with Tesla where it was made very clear to me that efforts like teslams and VisibleTesla were unwanted by Tesla...

Joe,

Is there any chance that VT is saving the data from both the Rated mile reading and the Ideal mile reading? After comparing a bunch of cars, and seeing the 5.8 -> 5.9 transition, I'm positive that "rated miles" means slightly different things in different cases, (some cars, 5.8, 5.9 etc.) but ideal remains the same. When outputting data from VT it looks like only rated is output. If not, would it be a big deal to add ideal in addition?

Thanks for all the great work!

Peter

Does your mobile app still work? Mine does. I stopped streaming data to my server a few months ago after a rather frustrating email conversation with Tesla where it was made very clear to me that efforts like teslams and VisibleTesla were unwanted by Tesla...

That's disappointing. Wonder what they're looking at to differentiate the iPhone app from VT and teslams.

Joe,

Is there any chance that VT is saving the data from both the Rated mile reading and the Ideal mile reading? After comparing a bunch of cars, and seeing the 5.8 -> 5.9 transition, I'm positive that "rated miles" means slightly different things in different cases, (some cars, 5.8, 5.9 etc.) but ideal remains the same. When outputting data from VT it looks like only rated is output. If not, would it be a big deal to add ideal in addition?

Thanks for all the great work!

Peter

Thanks Peter. I'm afraid at the moment it is only saving one reading. It's possible to add in the future but that won't help retrospectively obviously.

Joe

I can confirm the same thing is happening for me. No location updates since yesterday.

This is what I see in the console log:

Apr 17, 2014 7:58:35 AM org.noroomattheinn.visibletesla.StatsStreamer$AutoCollect publishStats
WARNING: Snapshot refresh failed!

My guess is a change to the back-end api that is breaking the VT client because the mobile Tesla client is still able to acquire the location.