Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VW ID3 configurator is live!! Which engine would you like with that?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
He mentioned a couple of times that the larger battery ID3 only permits 4 people to be in the car due to issues with weight.

Anyone know any more about this? Would have thought it would be a maximum weight limit rather than a person limit.

Thats potentially the case with Model 3 too. You wouldn't fit 4 rugby players in a Model 3 without exceeding the occupant and cargo weight limit. The weight limit is printed on the sticker on the recess of the front passenger side door if anyone wants to know what it is for their car.

Thats potentially the case with Model 3 too. You wouldn't fit 4 rugby players in a Model 3 without exceeding the occupant and cargo weight limit. The weight limit is printed on the sticker on the recess of the front passenger side door if anyone wants to know what it is for their car.
Yeah that surprised me initially, the weight limit can easily be exceeded on the model 3 with 4 chunky adults.

Bjorn suggested though that the limit was based on people in the ID3 rather than kilos though, which I thought odd, so 2 adults and 3 kids is a no go?

Reading this, it actually suggests that there are only 4 seats in the 77 kWh variant?

The biggest thing seems to be the news that the ID.3 will be a five-seater only in two battery versions: 45 kWh and 58 kWh, while the 77 kWh battery will be a four-seater./QUOTE]

VW Confirms ID.3 With Biggest Battery Seats Only Four: New Details

I found a few ID3's on Autotrader selling with £2-3K discounts. Maybe having problems to sell them?? Or just over ordered??

I think these are mostly cars offered via VW finance with the 'deposit contribution' included. Whilst it is a decent offer if you were looking to finance the purchase (the ones we looked at were PCP based), the deposit contribution in practice just serves to offset some of the interest costs, as the deals we saw on offer were on around 5.9% APR.

A cash purchase doesn't attract the deposit contribution.

I think these are mostly cars offered via VW finance with the 'deposit contribution' included. Whilst it is a decent offer if you were looking to finance the purchase (the ones we looked at were PCP based), the deposit contribution in practice just serves to offset some of the interest costs, as the deals we saw on offer were on around 5.9% APR.

A cash purchase doesn't attract the deposit contribution.

Although with the VW finance scheme you can end the PCP early (ie within weeks) without penalty and you keep the deposit contribution.