Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VW will trample tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As in ... it works.
You're not buying what? The car or my statement?
This may be the European version?
Your statement is very brief and seems like you're just trolling.
I think we all would find it useful for you to post more detail about what you liked. You could include details about the car, the roads, the situations you encountered and how the car handled them. If you have experience with a Tesla car, you could compare it to your experience with the VW.

I have no idea why my stuff is blocked. Then again, this forum software is hardly user friendly. I'll look. Maybe someone can tell me what switch I need to toggle. I don't see it.

I am not TROLLING. If I were I would not wait for 700 messages and several years! So why the insult mspohr?

Car obvious. Streets of Paris. Friend of mine picked me up in it. Then she suddenly went hands free and I just observed ... not even aware that I was in an "intelligent" car.
Took me by surprise. I just thought ... so this is what Tesla are trying to do ... she told me many brands offer this.

I do not have a newer Model S. So I couldn't compare. I was comparing based on hundreds of threads here.

My question was simple. Who is making this 3rd party software? The "Israeli" company? Forgot the name. I didn't expect a Spanish Inquisition!

All I hear about here is people whining about why Tesla autopilot being so far behind in delivering. This car seemed very polished but I cannot detail 100 scenarios where it worked fine. Enough said.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: Matt L
I have no idea why my stuff is blocked. Then again, this forum software is hardly user friendly. I'll look. Maybe someone can tell me what switch I need to toggle. I don't see it.

I am not TROLLING. If I were I would not wait for 700 messages and several years! So why the insult mspohr?

Car obvious. Streets of Paris. Friend of mine picked me up in it. Then she suddenly went hands free and I just observed ... not even aware that I was in an "intelligent" car.
Took me by surprise. I just thought ... so this is what Tesla are trying to do ... she told me many brands offer this.

I do not have a newer Model S. So I couldn't compare. I was comparing based on hundreds of threads here.

My question was simple. Who is making this 3rd party software? The "Israeli" company? Forgot the name. I didn't expect a Spanish Inquisition!
I don't know if you were trolling or not but your short statement "far more advanced than Tesla" based on absolutely no description (and, based on your new admission that you have no basis for comparison) just seems like trolling.

Reactions: jgs

It was your unsupported (still) statements that people are challenging. And “it works” isn’t support. My EAP works extremely well.

So again, I’ll go back to my original question, in what way is it better?

Well,

For starters you might want to elaborate a little more on your 2 statements. It also helps when forum members can view your profile and posting history, which you have blocked for some reason. :rolleyes:
Yeah, this forum should not allow members to block their profile and post history. It is vital to credibility. When it is blocked, you’ve got to assume the worst.

The system in the tiguan will be the same as was in my 2015 RS6. Lane keep assist.

She didn't go "hands free" because the VAG system does not allow that. At least not for more than around 15 seconds before asking for steering input.

It will possibly have had ACC (adaptive cruise control) in addition to this, however this system is not intelligent in any way, you set it at a maximum speed and it will follow the car in front up to that speed and reduce speed to keep distance. It is aware of the car in front, and only the car in front.

(Oh, it might beep and tighten the seatbelts if sensing the car behind is about to rear end you)

Having owned the VAG driver assistance systems, and test driven the Tesla systems (the Tesla functionality we have available in the UK), I can advise with much confidence you are indeed trolling, and if you believe for one minute the systems on the VW tiguan are better than those in the Tesla, your eyes are painted on.

If memory serves me correctly, when you created your account, it defaults to NOT blocking. Thus, you had to have gone in there at some time and turned on the blocks. It doesn't do it by itself. Click on your profile and PRIVACY settings. You will likely realize you have been there in the past;)

Reactions: cizUK
Who makes the VW Tiguan "auto-pilot"???
Just rode in one and it seems to be far more advanced than Tesla?
I was stunned!
There is a radar in the front. I drove one recently.
The car in front of me was not visible anymore because of a curb.
So suddenly my car started to accelerate in middle of the curb.

Kind of scary.

Not an "auto-pilot" at all. Only a "smart" cruise control that you can use to follow another car in a stop and go traffic jam.
Cannot read street speed signs, and don't stop a traffic light or stop sign.
I wonder how much this can detect pedestrian crossing or bicycles.

Another "Tesla Killer" Missing In Action — Volkswagen Group Falls Short (Charts!) | CleanTechnica

But from everything we’ve learnt in the past week, combined with other recent comments and information from VW, it seems they have no ambition, or perhaps simply lack the ability, to catch up with Tesla’s EV lead.

To those who follow the EV market closely, this is not news, and not much of what I say here will come as a great surprise. Maarten made some great related points last week. To pundits, armchair commentators, and EV FUDsters, who are less clued up, there may be something here worth considering. I’m going to review Tesla’s EV lead over VW from 3 main perspectives (there are surely many other valid angles too). First, Tesla’s leadership in overall product offering and value proposition. Second, in manufacturing volume (historical, current and planned), particularly the rate of growth and ramp up. Finally, in vehicle technology and provision of unique and compelling features.

Reactions: shrspeedblade