Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting for white interior

Have you received your SR+ white interior M3

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm another with a near-end-of-month delivery date -- white/white LR (MR upgrade) placed on 3/14, "tentatively" scheduled for 3/28 in Dedham, MA. That last will have to change, though; I live in RI, not MA, and I was told that the delivery would have to be either a home delivery or I'd have to go to Mt. Kisko, NY to get the car. (I opted for the former.)

@Berus Did you order LR-RWD? If so, what was the VIN number for the 2018 car they originally assigned you? There were no 2018 LR-RWD with white interiors made, so if this is the case, I'm wondering if they were going to do an interior swap before delivering a 2018 car.

Eric,

I originally ordered MR/RWD/Gray/White interior/Aero. I was assigned VIN# 5YJ3E1EA7JF167450. I then said I did not want a 2018 model, and also decided I wanted White/White interior. Next I was told there would be no more MR's, so I upgraded to LR, and my paint (white) was comped, making the upgrade cost (effectively) an extra $1,000.00 My config on the website reflected the White/White/LR/RWD, but my sales contract continued to show the old car (VIN above). I was told this would disappear automatically when I was assigned a new VIN. Yesterday, I was texted with a delivery date of 3/29. My sales contract (which I was told NOT to click to sign) is still showing the above VIN and 2018 gray car. I am assuming that the delivery date I was texted yesterday refers to a LR/RWD/White/White car, because someone at corporate assured me it would work that way. Having said all of that, however, I am still antsy because I have not received a new VIN, and that old sales contract is still hovering there. I have a contact at corporate in Fremont, CA (I live in Palm Springs, CA) and will call her Monday to confirm that this delivery date is, indeed, referencing a White/White/LR/RWD unit. I'll keep everyone informed here as to what happens.

For what it's worth, I'll say this: My contact at corporate has been much more accommodating than the local delivery team. I don't feel I would have gotten that $2,000.00 price reduction had I been dealing only with the delivery team. Don't get me wrong - the delivery team has been POLITE... but every time I tried to discuss any sort of adjustment based on the availability glitches with a MR car or the lack of white interiors, I was more or less stonewalled and told that I wasn't going to get any sort of price reduction. Corporate, however, was more willing to play ball - at least, in my case. I have been very pleased with my interactions with the team in Fremont.

FDF23C3B-346A-46CD-AA0A-58A33BEAF7E3.jpeg

I received my SR+, black exterior, white interior today. It’s absolutely worth the wait.

Beautiful, can you share a photo where we can see outside and inside? The white seats look stunning.

I bought Gyeon ceramic leather protector (pricey) but supposed to make leather pretty much hydrophobic against any liquid or stains including jean dye transfer.

Too bad the Model 3 doesn’t have any leather... pretty sure you don’t want to put that stuff on your seats

Got my SR+ Blue ext, white interior at 12:30pm. Tesla called before coming. Practically perfect. They sent 2 Tesla delivery people for home delivery and we spent about an hour and a half going over the car and signing paperwork. Couldn’t have gone any better! ;) 15 miles on the car, about the distance to Tesla.

Attachments

• 3D6AA609-3890-4085-94A0-368FDE5F6A2F.jpeg
    3D6AA609-3890-4085-94A0-368FDE5F6A2F.jpeg
    463.1 KB · Views: 100
  • A824A602-EF39-4141-AC33-DBD2B5945C98.jpeg
    A824A602-EF39-4141-AC33-DBD2B5945C98.jpeg
    873.8 KB · Views: 93
Ordered 3/2
LR RWD Black on White with AP.
Delivery dates kept getting pushed. Last night delivery date disappeared all together. Spoke to my delivery advisor, no car available and nothing in transit. Closest thing was a Blue with White interior on its way. I would take it but they told me I have to pay another $2000. Told them no thank you. That's BS.
within 2 weeks my left foot!

Vancouver, B.C.

I ordered a MR white/white on Feb 13th...got upgraded to Lr RWD last week, and a March 28th delivery appt scheduled four days ago with no VIN yet...gonna be six weeks tomorrow. ;(

Some of you guys who have gotten delivery appts have gotten VINS pretty soon after? Dunno what’s up and I’m getting jaded. Oh well, it’ll be worth it I hope

I ordered a MR white/white on Feb 13th...got upgraded to Lr RWD last week, and a March 28th delivery appt scheduled four days ago with no VIN yet...gonna be six weeks tomorrow. ;(

Some of you guys who have gotten delivery appts have gotten VINS pretty soon after? Dunno what’s up and I’m getting jaded. Oh well, it’ll be worth it I hope

I have no stats to back this back, but LRs appear to take longer especially right while as they focus on volume and not so much profitably (insert lol). If I ordered an LR, I'd expect white glove treatment...but what I've seen from other people with LRs...is that they are waiting and waiting...