Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting for white interior

Have you received your SR+ white interior M3

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For anyone is interested, I was told by a detailer that you can use a ceramic protector like Gyeon Q2 on your vegan leather.

I plan to do that on my white seats, it basically makes them super hydrophobic and will repel any stains including jean dye. Which really means you can wipe off without any residue staying behind.

I think it’ll pay off over time, we shall see!

Pretty sure they’re already coated with something, and that something works really well! Just take a sponge and pretty much everything wipes off... do t fear your seats!

I just spoke with a Sales rep at the Nashville Tesla Store, and of course he was trying to sell me a car that they have in inventory. I told him I am looking for blue with white interior. He said the white interior ones are selling like hotcakes. He could not find a Long Range blue with white interior at Nashville or Atlanta.

He said when I order mine online, if I select white interior (which he highly recommended) expect to add 2 weeks or more to the Estimated Delivery date.

But I'm sure it will be well worth a little extra wait!

Picked up SR+ black / white interior - they are very busy and we ended up having to wait 3 hours because our delivery advisor thought he told me Saturday.

Car drives great, white seats are amazing both in looks and comfort.

Took a few hours to get used to the incredible instant torque and the big screen but it’s so much fun.

Biggest adjustment is the side mirrors and rear views mirrors are very small, and encourages you I guess to rely on the cameras more.

Overall I’m glad it’s finally here... I felt happy driving by the gas stations, seeing prices at their highest ever where I live (1.56 / L cad or roughly 6$ a gallon).

Picked up SR+ black / white interior - they are very busy and we ended up having to wait 3 hours because our delivery advisor thought he told me Saturday.

Car drives great, white seats are amazing both in looks and comfort.

Took a few hours to get used to the incredible instant torque and the big screen but it’s so much fun.

Biggest adjustment is the side mirrors and rear views mirrors are very small, and encourages you I guess to rely on the cameras more.

Overall I’m glad it’s finally here... I felt happy driving by the gas stations, seeing prices at their highest ever where I live (1.56 / L cad or roughly 6$ a gallon).

Congratulations!

We ordered at the same time, but I am in eastern Canada, so I should be getting close. Plan to list my current car for sale today. I already have the Kagu mats, the wheel and bolt covers (for when the aero covers are off around town), the key tag, and the jacket. Already have a charger, as our other vehicle is a Nissan Leaf.

Reactions: tiggerlu and Mdoss

Yeah, that's one of my dislikes with the car. I couldn't get the SAE-approved mirror adjustment to work on my test drive; the left mirror doesn't swing out far enough, at least for me. I confirmed the same problem on a visit to another Tesla store and sitting in its showroom car. Given the small size of the side mirrors, I'm reluctant to add one of those wide-angle mirror patches that are pretty common, but I recalled hearing of an inside-the-cabin alternative, and I found this one on eBay. I have yet to receive my car, but the mirror arrived yesterday (from Korea, no less -- I hadn't noticed that detail when I ordered!). Time will tell how well I like it....

• Informative
Reactions: tiggerlu
Congratulations!

We ordered at the same time, but I am in eastern Canada, so I should be getting close. Plan to list my current car for sale today. I already have the Kagu mats, the wheel and bolt covers (for when the aero covers are off around town), the key tag, and the jacket. Already have a charger, as our other vehicle is a Nissan Leaf.
Same boat. It has been 3 weeks no update yet in toronto :(

Same boat. It has been 3 weeks no update yet in toronto :(

I expect the pickup experience at the Lawrence Ave delivery center will be more relaxed, and thorough in April, with the quarter end rush behind them. Who knows we may even get HW3, if it is later in the month.

My only concern is that there probably are some cars that others rejected in inventory, that they will want to fix up and move. I will be insisting on a 2019 manufacturing date, though many feel that is not necessary.

I expect the pickup experience at the Lawrence Ave delivery center will be more relaxed, and thorough in April, with the quarter end rush behind them. Who knows we may even get HW3, if it is later in the month.

My only concern is that there probably are some cars that others rejected in inventory, that they will want to fix up and move. I will be insisting on a 2019 manufacturing date, though many feel that is not necessary.
Yah def agree. I would only expect a 2019. We can only hope that they give us the best and nothing less after the long wait. I have my delivery at Oakville, no idea how it is down there.

30B63D1B-96E6-448D-8EFD-5DA7779E5C01.jpeg
Guys-you need to wait for the white seats-I picked my LR RWD white/white today and it is sooooo worth the wait-freeken unreal. I don’t even remember the six week waiting period after driving it home. Just try to or patient it’s worth it-believe me I know how the waiting game goes :)

IMG_1194.jpg
IMG_1196.jpg
Hi all - I took my car last Thursday, and wanted to share some photos. I've spent the last few days getting used to the car, washed it, used a really good sealant on the exterior and also ceramic coated the white seats.

All I can say is - it's an amazing car both performance and appearance wise, and I love the white seats. They're so comfortable and really makes the car pop both from the inside and outside. I'd really recommend if you get white seats to research everything about protection and cleaning it - like all of you guys, I want to keep it white for a long time without being paranoid either.

Without further ado, some photos - sorry, can't really see the interior too much. Will take some more later.

View attachment 392321 View attachment 392322 Hi all - I took my car last Thursday, and wanted to share some photos. I've spent the last few days getting used to the car, washed it, used a really good sealant on the exterior and also ceramic coated the white seats.

All I can say is - it's an amazing car both performance and appearance wise, and I love the white seats. They're so comfortable and really makes the car pop both from the inside and outside. I'd really recommend if you get white seats to research everything about protection and cleaning it - like all of you guys, I want to keep it white for a long time without being paranoid either.

Without further ado, some photos - sorry, can't really see the interior too much. Will take some more later.

Looks awesome! What type of sealant did you use on the exterior?

Looks awesome! What type of sealant did you use on the exterior?

I used P&S Beadmaker - it's amazing. Took about 20 mins to do the whole car, and right away it had this amazing gloss and the surface was so slick it's hard to describe. Let's say if I leaned on the car, I'd slide right off and fall down lol.

The car was detailed before delivery so was already very shiny, but nothing compared to what it felt like after this sealant. I should have claybared the car before sealing it, something i need to do next time!

It's supposed to last a good 2-3 months - with regular washing and top-ups, was going to do once a week in the summer and see how long it stays this shiny.

View attachment 392321 View attachment 392322 Hi all - I took my car last Thursday, and wanted to share some photos. I've spent the last few days getting used to the car, washed it, used a really good sealant on the exterior and also ceramic coated the white seats.

Do a chrome delete and get those rims painted gloss black!

Damn, that white interior really makes it pop!! I'm ordering my M3 in about a week, and I'm pretty convinced on the white interior!!! Looks well worth the $1000 upgrade..

Absolutely! This is our 3rd Tesla and I can say without a doubt my favorite combo we have had. It makes the interior seem so much more spacious as well and the material is sooooooooo soft its almost too comfy while driving lol

Reactions: Mdoss
Absolutely! This is our 3rd Tesla and I can say without a doubt my favorite combo we have had. It makes the interior seem so much more spacious as well and the material is sooooooooo soft its almost too comfy while driving lol

Hey buddy, car looks amazing. In your state you don't need a plate on the front?

That's so nice - i was just thinking how about how awkward it looks to have a license plate on the front bumper ugh!