Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting is hard!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Love the custom license plate. I need to come up with something clever like that for mine...
Thanks, I spent a lot of time and bugged a lot of friends. Ultimately I came up with mine myself, and my closest friend told me it was stupid. That's how I decided to order it because as I told him, I really don't value his opinion much (jk). 5 character limit made it difficult, but I really wanted the butterfly plate.

The exquisite torture of waiting is still quite fresh in my mind. It took my car 39 days from confirmation to delivery, and I obsessed over the "My Dashboard" page (which I know isn't accurate for everyone) and the forums the entire time, at all hours. The forums helped but mostly just further fed the obsession.

Yes, waiting is hard, but the payoff at the end is absolutely worth it, and the obsession hasn't really subsided for me. On days that I don't get to drive*, I still feel somewhat compelled to at least sit in the car in the garage for a minute, maybe try out a feature on the touchscreen that I haven't used much yet.

* I've been riding my bicycle to work a lot in the past year or so (10 miles round trip) as an attempt to exercise and get into better shape, and before I got the Model S it was working somewhat well. Now I have to muster significant willpower to not drive.

I'm pretty preoccupied with it too. I have fallen asleep more than once watching "Mega Factories" or some other YouTube video about Tesla. It's been years since I was so excited about something. Probably not since my wife and I bought our first home together. It's put a nice spring in my step every day since I ordered it. :)

I'm pretty preoccupied with it too. I have fallen asleep more than once watching "Mega Factories" or some other YouTube video about Tesla. It's been years since I was so excited about something. Probably not since my wife and I bought our first home together. It's put a nice spring in my step every day since I ordered it. :)

No VIN yet barey? Should be coming soon and production (have a feeling you'll see it before you think :wink: )

As we've established, you and I have similar (GREAT) taste in Tesla colors...my car is due here in 9 days, so your photo just gave me a nice fix. THANK YOU!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks, I spent a lot of time and bugged a lot of friends. Ultimately I came up with mine myself, and my closest friend told me it was stupid. That's how I decided to order it because as I told him, I really don't value his opinion much (jk). 5 character limit made it difficult, but I really wanted the butterfly plate.

Hey, Butterfly...how do I get the specs of my car to show up in the footer of my posts? I can't figure out TMC...help a noob?

I confirmed mine a day before you did. They've been telling me late October from the beginning. A friend of mine on another forum is having theirs delivered this Saturday a full week early, so you never know...

I'm watching you and Cinematechs as I confirmed on 9/9 as well. I still have not heard from a DS and my dashboard is in Sourcing Parts with a late October date too. I suppose I could call but I'm headed up to the Bay Area this weekend and will check in there to find out if I can learn more. I'll keep you posted if I learn anything useful!

Im getting mine next Friday and its driving me crazy. For those of you already riding in sweetness tell me its worth it to get me to next Friday!

The car is definitely worth it!!!! I am seeing more and more S's on the roads (which is on the smaller side in my neck of the woods in CA) o_O

And as for the wait....just keep reading the TMC forums to pass the time. and know that some folks have waitied 2+ years for their cars. Mine took 2.5 months.

I'm watching you and Cinematechs as I confirmed on 9/9 as well. I still have not heard from a DS and my dashboard is in Sourcing Parts with a late October date too. I suppose I could call but I'm headed up to the Bay Area this weekend and will check in there to find out if I can learn more. I'll keep you posted if I learn anything useful!

My wife's car was confirmed on 9/12 I believe, but it only states "October". You actually have a date of delivery?

My wife's car was confirmed on 9/12 I believe, but it only states "October". You actually have a date of delivery?

Nope. No delivery date yet. Just "Late October". But I haven't heard from my DS either. I read on another forum of a grey P85 confirmed on 9/11 with a delivery date of 10/12!! Now that's fast. Maybe it's a color thing. Sigh!

I'll know more after this weekend trip to a store.

As we've established, you and I have similar (GREAT) taste in Tesla colors...my car is due here in 9 days, so your photo just gave me a nice fix. THANK YOU!

- - - Updated - - -

Hey, Butterfly...how do I get the specs of my car to show up in the footer of my posts? I can't figure out TMC...help a noob?

Go to Settings at the top right, then Edit Signature on the left. I believe you have the minimum number of posts to add it now!

and glad i could help at least a little, I remember the manic days just before delivery!

Last edited: