Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room: Model X Plaid Only

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All, I have been grateful with the resources from various posts here.

Ordered Model Y Performance (black/black) on Apr 4 2022 with EDD June-July 2022. After test-driving Model X Plaid recently, placed an order for Model X Plaid (black/black) on Apr 26 2022 with EDD August-October 2022. Haven't decided if I shall take delivery for the MYP or drop the reservation.

- Any thoughts on how accurate the August-October 2022 EDD for Model X Plaid?
- Any thoughts on how much will the resale value for MYP if I plan to drive it for 2-3 months while waiting for the Model X Plaid?

Thank you in advance.

Hi All, I have been grateful with the resources from various posts here.

Ordered Model Y Performance (black/black) on Apr 4 2022 with EDD June-July 2022. After test-driving Model X Plaid recently, placed an order for Model X Plaid (black/black) on Apr 26 2022 with EDD August-October 2022. Haven't decided if I shall take delivery for the MYP or drop the reservation.

- Any thoughts on how accurate the August-October 2022 EDD for Model X Plaid?
- Any thoughts on how much will the resale value for MYP if I plan to drive it for 2-3 months while waiting for the Model X Plaid?

Thank you in advance.
My two cents FWIW…

If the Y comes before you get a narrow EDD for the X you should absolutely take it. As you can see from my signature I’m in the same boat. Resale / trade-in on the Y is really good right now, and will likely hold.

Especially if you live in a state where you can roll the sales tax credit from the Y to the X… this will likely work in your favor.

Hi, I placed an order for Model X Plaid (black/black with 22” wheels) on Apr 26 2022 with EDD August-October 2022.

Any thoughts on how accurate the August-October 2022 EDD for Model X Plaid for end of Apr order date?

Thank you.

I don't think anybody knows when April orders will be delivered... there are people still waiting on 2021 orders...

But the odds for timely delivery are better if you're in the US, ordered plaid, and ordered FSD. Looks like you have at least 2 of the 3 (not sure about FSD).

I feel like the supply chain is the wild card. e.g., if they suddenly can't get carbon fiber trim, you might be unexpectedly waiting quite a while. I think there are just a lot of crossed fingers out there!

Hi, I placed an order for Model X Plaid (black/black with 22” wheels) on Apr 26 2022 with EDD August-October 2022.

Any thoughts on how accurate the August-October 2022 EDD for Model X Plaid for end of Apr order date?

Thank you.
Plaid will likely get to you sooner than the long range. I would hope the delivery estimate is close, but I ordered plaid with FSD back in October 2021 with original delivery in April. Now pushed back to July and likely further. So don’t be surprised if it’s a while. Fingers crossed it comes soon though.

I don't think anybody knows when April orders will be delivered... there are people still waiting on 2021 orders...

But the odds for timely delivery are better if you're in the US, ordered plaid, and ordered FSD. Looks like you have at least 2 of the 3 (not sure about FSD).

I feel like the supply chain is the wild card. e.g., if they suddenly can't get carbon fiber trim, you might be unexpectedly waiting quite a while. I think there are just a lot of crossed fingers out there!

Thanks for your kind perspective. I did not add the FSD though..