Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room: Model X Plaid Only

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Plaid will likely get to you sooner than the long range. I would hope the delivery estimate is close, but I ordered plaid with FSD back in October 2021 with original delivery in April. Now pushed back to July and likely further. So don’t be surprised if it’s a while. Fingers crossed it comes soon though.
Wow thanks for your kind sharing. That is a long wait…I am not sure if I have that patience 😬

Using your timeframe (Oct 2021 till Apr/Jul 2022) as a reference, does it mean that I should expect at least 6-9 months from the order date to the delivery date? or is Tesla ramping up faster recently?

May I know if you made any changes to your order since you placed your Plaid order on Oct 2021?

Thank you

I ordered a LR on 12/24/21 and changed it to Plaid on 4/20. Does this effectively put me in the back of the plaid line or does it keep my original position? My RN number didn’t change after the update. Tesla’s allocation is a bit baffling.

Wow thanks for your kind sharing. That is a long wait…I am not sure if I have that patience 😬

Using your timeframe (Oct 2021 till Apr/Jul 2022) as a reference, does it mean that I should expect at least 6-9 months from the order date to the delivery date? or is Tesla ramping up faster recently?

May I know if you made any changes to your order since you placed your Plaid order on Oct 2021?

Thank you

They are definitely ramping up. When most of the 2021 orders were placed there were no X’s being delivered, and every order just made the line longer, so naturally the waits from 2021 orders are longer. If you look at the S ramp, by fall/winter last year there were S Plaids available for immediate delivery at various service centers… it definitely seems like at some point they caught up with plaid demand. Though they still quote 1-2 months for a custom order, there is one S plaid in inventory near me now.

So at some point I expect they will catch up with X plaid demand too. I just don’t think the fraction of buyers opting for plaid is that high, plus they’re incentivized to deliver them due to better margins, so I think they can meet plaid demand earlier in the ramp than LR demand. (Again, barring some supply chain issue that disproportionately affects plaid.)

They are definitely ramping up. When most of the 2021 orders were placed there were no X’s being delivered, and every order just made the line longer, so naturally the waits from 2021 orders are longer. If you look at the S ramp, by fall/winter last year there were S Plaids available for immediate delivery at various service centers… it definitely seems like at some point they caught up with plaid demand. Though they still quote 1-2 months for a custom order, there is one S plaid in inventory near me now.

So at some point I expect they will catch up with X plaid demand too. I just don’t think the fraction of buyers opting for plaid is that high, plus they’re incentivized to deliver them due to better margins, so I think they can meet plaid demand earlier in the ramp than LR demand. (Again, barring some supply chain issue that disproportionately affects plaid.)
Thanks much for your kind sharing.

You've been a trooper, man -- kept a really positive attitude despite the giant wait. It's definitely a well-deserved VIN! :)
If the car wasn't such an amazing piece of machinery, I'd have given up and gone all harsh long ago. And the beauty is, there are a lot of us that are waiting together in support. It's all good, and thanks! Now hopefully I won't get de-vINNED.

Reactions: BonB and blodg1