Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room: Refreshed Model X 5/7 seats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got the text…it’s official.

Attachments

• B81CD5C8-118F-4B97-B58A-C0496DF2CE7C.jpeg
    B81CD5C8-118F-4B97-B58A-C0496DF2CE7C.jpeg
    410.5 KB · Views: 304
Update on my father’s 5 seat order. Let’s hope Elon added a center armrest for this, otherwise it’s a huge miss.

Order: Grey/5-seat MXLR
Order date: June of 2021
New EDD: July 21st - September 15th 2022

Attachments

• 0D8D3CD7-9C08-4034-A39E-57037F008538.jpeg
    0D8D3CD7-9C08-4034-A39E-57037F008538.jpeg
    149.4 KB · Views: 241
This week, my EDD was changed from just "July 2022" to a more specific "July 21 - September 15, 2022."

Ordered May 6, 2021
Description Model X Long Range
Midnight Silver Metallic
20'' Cyberstream Wheels
Cream Premium Interior with Walnut Décor
Five Seat Interior
Price locked at $104,790 before taxes.

Just yesterday (25 May 2022), I reported that my just revised EDD was "July 21 - September 15, 2022."

My original order date was 6 May 2021.

I checked back this morning, and I am outraged to find that now my EDD is "December 2022 - April 2023."

I respectfully request that NASDAQ change the stock symbol for Tesla from TSLA to WTF.

There is an arm rest in between the 2 front seats. But I never use it driving since the yoke is best using both hands.
Hah - yes I sure hope so! I was referring to the 5-seater configuration on the X being delivered and reviewed on YouTube recently with a bench in the back with no retractable arm rest. This is a feature on every Tesla, including the 3, Y, and S but for some reason a refreshed 5-seater Model X delivered with a bench and no center armrest which is a huge miss, in my opinion. Hoping they fix that

Reactions: Prairie
Hah - yes I sure hope so! I was referring to the 5-seater configuration on the X being delivered and reviewed on YouTube recently with a bench in the back with no retractable arm rest. This is a feature on every Tesla, including the 3, Y, and S but for some reason a refreshed 5-seater Model X delivered with a bench and no center armrest which is a huge miss, in my opinion. Hoping they fix that
The bench in the back on my 2018 X 5-seater did not have a center arm rest. I would not expect that to change.

Really? That’s unfortunate - Thanks for chiming in and letting me know!
Yep. The back of the rear seats is not that thick. I wonder if they want it to fold flat to give you are lot of flat cargo space. It works out great to hauling things. Both our old 2018 X and new 2022 X can take a 5 foot-tall bookcase with space to spare.

I ordered the MXLR/ White/ 5 seater in July 2021 and besides the multiple changes throughout the year, recently my delivery date went from June 2022 to Dec 22-April 2023. Called the SA, who told us the delivery date would be readjusted. Suddenly, changed this week to June 9 - July 5 (as of yesterday).

Today, it shows up with a new est. delivery date of June 15-July 6. No VIN assigned still.

Anyone having any multiple delivery date updates like this? Any clarity on what's going on?

Sad to see this go. Waited for my 7 seater since March 2021, only to end up going with a different car brand earlier this year.

Attachments

• BCF3E0B9-6374-40BD-915F-908D238F2E00.jpeg
    BCF3E0B9-6374-40BD-915F-908D238F2E00.jpeg
    307.5 KB · Views: 149
I received an updated EDD, it went back and forth and back and forth, but finally last week I got the text from Tesla that my VIN was assigned and the vehicle would be ready for pickup this week. I have a scheduled delivery set for tomorrow, 6/15. Hopefully everything is beautiful and I'll finally bring this baby home. Can't wait! this thread has helped me a ton, just finding like minded future owners in a similar predicament. Seems like deliveries are finally starting to ramp up for us bench seat owners!

I received an updated EDD, it went back and forth and back and forth, but finally last week I got the text from Tesla that my VIN was assigned and the vehicle would be ready for pickup this week. I have a scheduled delivery set for tomorrow, 6/15. Hopefully everything is beautiful and I'll finally bring this baby home. Can't wait! this thread has helped me a ton, just finding like minded future owners in a similar predicament. Seems like deliveries are finally starting to ramp up for us bench seat owners!
Congratulations! Can you share your configuration, order date, location state, and what your EDD range was before you received your VIN? Thanks!

Reactions: JBTMX