Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room: Refreshed Model X 5/7 seats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Horrible Morning. April 2021 order here and pushed out to July. Anyone here know if 6 seaters got pushed to July as well? I am seriously considering trying to change mine to a 6 seater and get a Y for the time being. I mean we are talking about 5 MONTHS!!!

Just got an email cancelling my 7 seater order. Stating they are no longer making that configuration, I can update to the 6 seater at the new pricing though!!! Wow, so down grade my configuration and pay 18k more? This is ridiculous, I get they are having issues but this is not how to handle them.

Just got an email cancelling my 7 seater order. Stating they are no longer making that configuration, I can update to the 6 seater at the new pricing though!!! Wow, so down grade my configuration and pay 18k more? This is ridiculous, I get they are having issues but this is not how to handle them.
I assume this was a Plaid. Tesla announced a couple of months back there were not ever going to make 5 or 7 seat plaids. you should have received correspondence from them at that time. Since you (apparently) did not respond. They figured you weren't interested, so they canceled your order. Actually, the 6 seat configuration is a more expensive "upgrade" to both the 5 and 7 seat configs.

I assume this was a Plaid. Tesla announced a couple of months back there were not ever going to make 5 or 7 seat plaids. you should have received correspondence from them at that time. Since you (apparently) did not respond. They figured you weren't interested, so they canceled your order. Actually, the 6 seat configuration is a more expensive "upgrade" to both the 5 and 7 seat configs.
Screenshot_20220216-110218_Outlook.jpg

Why 18K more? It looks like you ordered Plaid based on your post earlier and there was no price increase for Plaid? Should be only a 3K increase.