Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room: Refreshed Model X 5/7 seats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are you telling that you don't mind to spend 100+ grand on a car, but when it's just 2% greater, then it's a deal breaker?
Yes. It's a value for the money thing. I see FSD as a way to change lanes without have to shut off autopilot. That convenience, and possible future features, has a value to me. I don't see that value as worth more than $8,000. I haven't used summon or any other feature on our MS, just lane changing. I played around with summon in a parking lot and it was worthless. I don't need summon to get into or out of my garage. Actually, the reason I am considering it at $8,000 is that my price of the X is so much lower than current prices that it's a future selling point. We will use our MS for road trips since we have FSD and free supercharging, so for commuting in the new X I don't really need FSD, again, what's its value to me.

Reactions: RoBoRaT and Hebert
Yes. It's a value for the money thing. I see FSD as a way to change lanes without have to shut off autopilot. That convenience, and possible future features, has a value to me. I don't see that value as worth more than $8,000. I haven't used summon or any other feature on our MS, just lane changing. I played around with summon in a parking lot and it was worthless. I don't need summon to get into or out of my garage. Actually, the reason I am considering it at $8,000 is that my price of the X is so much lower than current prices that it's a future selling point. We will use our MS for road trips since we have FSD and free supercharging, so for commuting in the new X I don't really need FSD, again, what's its value to me.
It can also respond to stop signs and traffic lights.

Some bad news. I have a neighbor working in the Fremont production line for model X. I happened to see him smoking outside near our community park. I asked him where is my 5 Seat MX. Why is he not working today? Maybe that's why I don't have my car. He told me he has not seen any 5 seats so far at least on the production line.

I guess they have not started producing any 5 seats which is why we do not see any Vin Assigned.

Maybe the 5 seat option is only in the planning for the production phase.

God knows when they are going to start delivering

Some bad news. I have a neighbor working in the Fremont production line for model X. I happened to see him smoking outside near our community park. I asked him where is my 5 Seat MX. Why is he not working today? Maybe that's why I don't have my car. He told me he has not seen any 5 seats so far at least on the production line.

I guess they have not started producing any 5 seats which is why we do not see any Vin Assigned.

Thanks for the info. WHY is it taking soooooo loooonnnnng……

Reactions: Kitt9000

Does anyone know why 6 seats can be produced but 5/7 seats cannot? Isn't the only difference where to mount the seats?