TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Walk-away lock feature won't stay on

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by rekoh, Mar 6, 2013.

1. rekoh

rekoh Member

When I first got the car, the walk-away feature was able to be slid to the on position. Then I noticed my car wasnt locking. Tried to slide it to the on position, but it wont stay there.. slides right back to off. All the other options onthe page work -- I have played with all variations to try to get it to work. No avail. I have reset the screen. Still doesnt work. Anyone else experiencing this? (I have called Tesla - -it has been 3 days - no reponse yet). Must be a software issue??

2. rlpm

rlpm S P85 | Sig X _P90D_

Did you reset both the 17" touchscreen & the Instrument Panel (behind the steering wheel)?

3. rekoh

rekoh Member

#3 rekoh, Mar 7, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2013
    no, just the 17" screen.. how do you reset the instrument panel?

Nevermind. got it:

to reset the Instrument Cluster Display by pushing and holding the top buttons on either side of the steering wheel. You have to hold for a while and the reboot of the display takes many 10's of seconds, but it fixed my problem. BTW, the reboot of the 17" Center Display is done by pushing and holding the scroll wheel buttons on the steering wheel.

4. joefee

joefee Over 2 Million TMC page views

Check your fob battery....mine had the same issue... That was the cause according to my service center.

5. rekoh

rekoh Member

It is the same with either fob - i tried both. doubt it is battery since the auto-present handle feature works fine. The screen wont allow me to slide the button to 'on' .. engineers at Tesla are working on it.

curious.. how do you change the battery on the fob??