Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Walk-away lock feature won't stay on

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I first got the car, the walk-away feature was able to be slid to the on position. Then I noticed my car wasnt locking. Tried to slide it to the on position, but it wont stay there.. slides right back to off. All the other options onthe page work -- I have played with all variations to try to get it to work. No avail. I have reset the screen. Still doesnt work. Anyone else experiencing this? (I have called Tesla - -it has been 3 days - no reponse yet). Must be a software issue??

When I first got the car, the walk-away feature was able to be slid to the on position. Then I noticed my car wasnt locking. Tried to slide it to the on position, but it wont stay there.. slides right back to off. All the other options onthe page work -- I have played with all variations to try to get it to work. No avail. I have reset the screen. Still doesnt work. Anyone else experiencing this? (I have called Tesla - -it has been 3 days - no reponse yet). Must be a software issue??

Did you reset both the 17" touchscreen & the Instrument Panel (behind the steering wheel)?

Did you reset both the 17" touchscreen & the Instrument Panel (behind the steering wheel)?

no, just the 17" screen.. how do you reset the instrument panel?

Nevermind. got it:

to reset the Instrument Cluster Display by pushing and holding the top buttons on either side of the steering wheel. You have to hold for a while and the reboot of the display takes many 10's of seconds, but it fixed my problem. BTW, the reboot of the 17" Center Display is done by pushing and holding the scroll wheel buttons on the steering wheel.

Last edited:
It is the same with either fob - i tried both. doubt it is battery since the auto-present handle feature works fine. The screen wont allow me to slide the button to 'on' .. engineers at Tesla are working on it.

curious.. how do you change the battery on the fob??