Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Walking Cats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Taking the cats for a walk is the best way the get the mail.
cat-walk-cartoon.jpg

cat-walk-cartoon.jpg

Last edited:
The cats follow just like dogs.

I agree. I've started off my cats by training with a harness (following them around) when they're kittens, then walking them as they get older just carrying the leash in case, then letting them run free with a cat door. Unfortunately, I've sold my house (Tesla's much funner than yard work) so the cat's stuck inside my apartment unless I take him out for a walk late at night, and it's really busy around Uptown, Minneapolis with lots of dogs to cause trouble for him. I have to use the Astro now to keep track of him in case I can't find him when it's time to come in. He generally follows me, but sometimes he senses I'm going to head inside and he's not done exploring yet.

Well, since we are way off topic...
My mom had inherited a rabbit from a friend and decided to take it on a walk on a leash. (Rather comical sight.)
During the walk, a cat jumped out of some bushes and confronted the rabbit.
Unexpectedly, the rabbit let out a hellacious shriek that sounded like a baby screaming at full volume.
(Previously we assumed that rabbits were basically eternally silent.)
The cat freaked out and ran away which was probably what the rabbit intended.
She didn't take the rabbit for anymore walks...

Well, since we are way off topic...
My mom had inherited a rabbit from a friend and decided to take it on a walk on a leash. (Rather comical sight.)
During the walk, a cat jumped out of some bushes and confronted the rabbit.
Unexpectedly, the rabbit let out a hellacious shriek that sounded like a baby screaming at full volume.
(Previously we assumed that rabbits were basically eternally silent.)
The cat freaked out and ran away which was probably what the rabbit intended.
She didn't take the rabbit for anymore walks...
We had a rabbit and we got an iguana leash for it and would take it for walks. Cats didn't bother it since it was a big 10 pound rabbit, but the site of a dog and it would try and flee with all of its might, getting itself tangled in the leash and screaming. But we still kept taking it for walks.

The cats also hunt down and eat the rabbits here. When the catch them they look like tigers carrying a buck back to the den. I have some great pictures that will get a strong reaction from you. Probably best not to post them here.
If we meet I will show them to you on my phone.

The cats also hunt down and eat the rabbits here. When the catch them they look like tigers carrying a buck back to the den.

When I had a cat door at my former house I learned a great deal about bunnies. Baby bunnies make a heart-rending "peeeee! peeeeee! peeeeeeeee!" when they're afraid. Bunny fur comes out really easily, like they're designed to be able to get away if an animal takes a bite of their hair. My cat brought in several bunnies that were as large as he was. They're one of the easier rodents to catch inside the house because they sit still a lot. They also have fleas. Lots and lots of them. I had to bug-bomb my house twice.