Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wall Charger Placement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had my wall charger installed and the electrician has placed it considerably high on the wall compared to what I was expecting.

Does anyone know if you can place them quite low on the wall? The guidance in the charger manual suggests 1.2m from the ground but doesn’t specify to the top of bottom of charger.

I’d you image search these charger installations they seem to be everything but any particular standard which makes me believe they can be any reasonable height.

814AAB69-9CA4-4AB7-8E53-CD763BCDCE06.jpeg

He has placed it 1.2 to the bottom of the charger so it’s quite higher than I was expecting.

Basically, it should be placed at a level that is comfortable for grabbing the plug. And I a position that the cord can be coiled to keep off ground.(but as long as the cord doesn't sit in water, not a big deal)

If the plug and cord is too high it can make it hard to use. If you want to have fun, complain to the installer that one of the users is short or in wheelchair and can't access it .

It doesn't look that bad to me. It needs to be high enough where the cable does not touch the ground. Of course, all you have to do is wrap it tighter but that would mean multiple unwraps when plugging in. I have mine about chest high which is perfect and allows for 3 cord wraps I believe. Hopefully he drilled into the brick mortar and not the brick itself or you potentially could have an ugly hole if dropped. It should be very easy to drop if that is your aesthetic preference.