Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wall Charger Purchase from Electrician

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a Model 3 and will soon move to a house (in North Carolina) with a detached garage. I recently contacted a local electrician company that has certified Tesla wall connector installers according to their website. The manager has informed me also that they have available 18-foot Tesla Wall Chargers in stock, and that I can get it from them for $550 (no additional sales tax needed.)

Do installers typically offer this to customers?

I'm planning on purchasing from Tesla.com, but if it's normal for electricians to have wall chargers in stock then I'd rather just purchase it from them.

Thanks!

I have a Model 3 and will soon move to a house (in North Carolina) with a detached garage. I recently contacted a local electrician company that has certified Tesla wall connector installers according to their website. The manager has informed me also that they have available 18-foot Tesla Wall Chargers in stock, and that I can get it from them for $550 (no additional sales tax needed.)

I'm planning on purchasing from Tesla.com, but if it's normal for electricians to have wall chargers in stock then I'd rather just purchase it from them.

Thanks!

They must make a lot that they can afford to have the wall connectors in stock.

I've definitely heard of it - they go out of stock often so they don't want to loose the business and/or they want to provide faster service.

Thanks!

Some might have them in stock if they do a lot of installs, but they likely pay the same price for it you would, hence the $50 markup on the part.

Just something to think about that it’s very unlikely you’ll be eligible for a special rate from your utility with a gen2 as it doesn’t support 2 way communication.

Depends on where you are, but that's not a "thing" here in NJ, at least. Even if it were, it'd be either time-based or they'd install a 2nd meter. There's no way on this earth that our two power companies, JCP&L (Just Can't Power the Lights) or PSE&G (Park, Sleep, Eat & Go Home) would "trust" anyone else's 2-way devices. That's just not how they roll ... :-/