Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wall Connector Performance Email

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone received an email like the one below? It is from [email protected]. Not sure if it is a scam. I am going to look into it next week.

My charger might not be acting right. It seemed to take 2-3 hours longer to charge the other night. Since then, all seems to be fine.

————————————-

We’ve identified your Wall Connector with TSN ending in XXXXX as not operating to Tesla standards and would like to proactively replace the unit for you. Until you do this swap, you can continue to use your Wall Connector as you have been doing. So we can continue, please reply with the best shipping address to send a new unit to.

Once we process a replacement you’ll begin to start receiving some e-mail updates, first with a return label and others with shipping/tracking info.

Has anyone received an email like the one below? It is from [email protected]. Not sure if it is a scam. I am going to look into it next week.

My charger might not be acting right. It seemed to take 2-3 hours longer to charge the other night. Since then, all seems to be fine.

————————————-

We’ve identified your Wall Connector with TSN ending in XXXXX as not operating to Tesla standards and would like to proactively replace the unit for you. Until you do this swap, you can continue to use your Wall Connector as you have been doing. So we can continue, please reply with the best shipping address to send a new unit to.

Once we process a replacement you’ll begin to start receiving some e-mail updates, first with a return label and others with shipping/tracking info.

Did they get the serial number right? If so, probably legit (who else would have it). Also make sure the reply-to address matches the display name.

Tim

Reactions: brkaus
I confirmed it was not a scam.

Since then, I have noticed my charger performance is lousy - charging very slowly sometimes and stopping sometimes. There is no indication of the cause.

In any event,Tesla is sending me a replacement. Of course, they are sending it by pony express so I wait. If Amazon shipped this slowly, they would be out of business.

• Informative
Reactions: TBrownTX
I got the same email and replied. The serial number was not in the email. I got a replacement unit and installed without much difficulty. It is working fine. Today I wanted to check and see if the transaction was listed on my Tesla account. It's not. I'm a little worried that it may be a scam and is now on my wifi network. Am I overly parinoid?