Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wall Gen 2 charger insane price, why?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Probably because of any of these features that the Gen 3 does not have yet is still the same price the previous version was:

1. Circuit sharing. (Tesla ignorantly released the Gen 3 without the software implemented for power sharing, and it's still not available.)
2. Longer cord
3. Higher amp supply (The Gen 3 is limited to a 60A circuit)

• Love
Reactions: jjrandorin
They were going for $500 to $1000 on eBay when I got mine and there was no Gen 3, and Gen 2 HPWC could be had on Tesla.com for $500 delivered with warranty.

There is no logical reason other than Ebay sellers who hope someone will bite. I ended up paying $400 on eBay for a lightly used long cable version, It was listed at $500 but the seller took my offer. I have never regretted it.

Just for fun, go to ebay, you will see it with your eyes. The bid starts at $500 and ends at $700 to 1K range and people buy it. On a different token, why when someone makes something almost perfect, they tend to screw up by making it worse? The 24 Ft was just perfect, my 18 ft is smaller and I need to position the car at the right place. Is it to save few pennies?

The 24 Ft was just perfect, my 18 ft is smaller and I need to position the car at the right place. Is it to save few pennies?
Do not forget that besides being six feet less of cable overall, the entire 24 foot length of cable before was much thicker gauge wire. So all along that entire length it is cheaper, PLUS six feet less of it. So it's several dollars, maybe even $10 or so, not just pennies.

They are delivering the kind of 3rd class sales experience that Tesla can only dream of providing.

Sometimes the Tesla item is out of stock and people will pay extra for it. Other times they are sold international to places where Tesla does not serve. For example, a Tesla Model S imported to some third world from the US for some oligarch/dignitary may want an HPWC.