Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Want to Talk to the Service Center!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Resist

Mar 24, 2019
California
Anyone else upset over how we can no longer call a service center and talk to a person? I have to drive several hours tomorrow for a service center appointment to get HW3 installed in my Model 3, and I'm not even sure they have the part or a loaner car. They've sent me appointment confirmation texts but I want to be sure they are actually going to be able to do the install, how long it will take and if I need to leave my car will I get a loaner. You can't ask questions via the app. I seriously hate this side of Tesla! I'll be so pissed off if I drive all that way and not get HW3. And if they can do the install, I want a Tesla loaner, not Uber credits or an ICE vehicle.

I was told no more loaners for regular work, warranty perhaps but not regular service visits. Because I did not know that, they gave me a Uber when I dropped it off but getting back was on me, which was fine by me just wish they had told me when I made the appointment.

That's the same as my friend's experience. He didn't get Uber credit... they called an Uber for him to drop him off at his home. He doesn't know if getting back is on him or not yet as his car is still there.

OP sounds like one of those people that buys a Tesla that states 6-10 weeks for delivery then calls after a week wanting an update. Why would you confirm if the parts are there? Didn't they confirm your appointment with you? You probably won't get a loaner for a non warranty service appointment. Why should Tesla pay for your transportation? They didn't force you to upgrade to HW3 right?

Not sure what all the hate is about. It's standard practice for loaners to be provided when servicing cars from higher end manufacturers. I'm a single dad who absolutely needs a vehicle, so uber credits don't cut it. I'm more than willing to be flexible with my appointment date, but I want to be guaranteed a loaner (I prefer a Tesla obviously, but anything with 4 wheels will work).

So far I've lucked out with loaners at my SC, but not having a guarantee is stressful.

Self entitled first world problems right here folks.

I am not the OP but it sounds like Tesla is your first glimpse at anything close to a luxury car. In case you are uninformed, the other real luxury car manufacturers, like Audi, BMW, and Mercedes, in addition to manufacturing a luxury car, also provide a luxurious service experience compared to that of, say Honda or Toyota. This service usually includes a complementary valet service (i.e. someone will come get your car from you and leave you a loaner of the same make in its place) and provide a loaner vehicle when you bring your car in for service.

I (mistakenly, I am beginning to think) traded in a brand new, loaded Audi A4 that I purchased from an Audi dealer an hour away from me. In addition to a fantastic delivery experience, they also provided complementary valet service to come pick my A4 up an hour away from them for an OIL CHANGE. They left me with an Audi loaner in its place, and returned the car the same day.

It is no surprise that people coming to Tesla from real luxury players are disappointed in the rudimentary service options Tesla "provides." It's poor enough that their service centers are so few and far between that it's inconvenient to even get to one in several areas, but the icing on the cake is driving several hours to bring your $50k car in for service to be given Uber credits that will maybe be in excess enough to get you where you came from.

I am so thankful I leased my Model 3, because if Tesla doesn't get their pathetic attempt together on the service and support end of things in the next 2.5 years, I will be sprinting back to Audi. Love the Model 3, but their service/support is abhorrent enough to push me away from the company entirely.

Sounds like you’re not familiar with Tesla Service..
Yes there were some people that complained about that on this forum. So it must be the everyday norm for Tesla to make this mistake? I also read that Tesla has paint and panel alignment problems. My car was perfect. Something happened to a small percentage of owners so it must happen to everyone else is the attitude around here.

My experience with their service center for my Model 3 has me thinking twice about whether or not I will go through with my Cybertruck reservation. It’s unacceptable to not have an open like of communication with your customers. Even if it’s just a text or chat, it’s something to placate our concerns and show us that the Company might actually give a sh$t about us after we’ve bought the car.

Reactions: idealdreams
I am not the OP but it sounds like Tesla is your first glimpse at anything close to a luxury car. In case you are uninformed, the other real luxury car manufacturers, like Audi, BMW, and Mercedes, in addition to manufacturing a luxury car, also provide a luxurious service experience compared to that of, say Honda or Toyota. This service usually includes a complementary valet service (i.e. someone will come get your car from you and leave you a loaner of the same make in its place) and provide a loaner vehicle when you bring your car in for service.

I (mistakenly, I am beginning to think) traded in a brand new, loaded Audi A4 that I purchased from an Audi dealer an hour away from me. In addition to a fantastic delivery experience, they also provided complementary valet service to come pick my A4 up an hour away from them for an OIL CHANGE. They left me with an Audi loaner in its place, and returned the car the same day.

It is no surprise that people coming to Tesla from real luxury players are disappointed in the rudimentary service options Tesla "provides." It's poor enough that their service centers are so few and far between that it's inconvenient to even get to one in several areas, but the icing on the cake is driving several hours to bring your $50k car in for service to be given Uber credits that will maybe be in excess enough to get you where you came from.

I am so thankful I leased my Model 3, because if Tesla doesn't get their pathetic attempt together on the service and support end of things in the next 2.5 years, I will be sprinting back to Audi. Love the Model 3, but their service/support is abhorrent enough to push me away from the company entirely.
As someone who has owned 2 Audi’s , BMW’s and Lexus vehicles,
I am convinced they offer services such as you mentioned as their cars are so prone to recalls , problems and ludicrous repair bills out of warranty, they need to suck up to customers to make them feel « special »
No more ice vehicles for me.

I wouldn’t be as bothered by not being able to easily reach the service center by the phone if they were more responsive with texts or emails. But with my handful of service center visits they’re not too great with responding via text or email. I’ve got a service appointment for Monday and haven’t heard anything from them yet about whether they’ll be able to do my HW3 upgrade while my 3 is in for its 2 year service.

I’m hopeful that with continued profitability comes an increase in service center staff with an emphasis on customer communication.

• Disagree
Reactions: kpeng and 73zdriver
As someone who has owned 2 Audi’s , BMW’s and Lexus vehicles,
I am convinced they offer services such as you mentioned as their cars are so prone to recalls , problems and ludicrous repair bills out of warranty, they need to suck up to customers to make them feel « special »
No more ice vehicles for me.

Regardless of their true intent, it makes us “self entitled” people spending decent change on a “luxury” car feel good about their purchase. ICE vehicle or not, the ownership experience doesn’t stop at the vehicle. It includes service and support and Tesla’s lack thereof is going to drive a lot of people away, both current and prospective owners.