Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Was anyone upgraded from 2020.11.103.5 yet

Upgraded from 2020.11.103.5

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As mentioned in the thread title, has anyone that had software version 2020.11.103.5 on delivery been upgraded a newer version and if so, which version have you been upgraded to?
Thanks for doing this!

Perhaps asking for partial VIN (e.g., 180xx), delivery date, and whether or not a hitch was factory installed would shed some light.

VIN as above, hitch, FSD added post-delivery, delivered 6/25.

Thanks for doing this!

Perhaps asking for partial VIN (e.g., 180xx), delivery date, and whether or not a hitch was factory installed would shed some light.

VIN as above, hitch, FSD added post-delivery, delivered 6/25.
Seems i cannot change the poll once people have started to vote. I am in discussion with my Operations Advisor at Tesla (he is interested and willing to help) but have asked for some data, hence the poll.

So, when voting, please also leave a comment with the following info
Partial VIN:
Delivery Date:
Manuf Date (if known)
Tow Hitch (from factory):
LR AWD or Perf/PUP:

Seems i cannot change the poll once people have started to vote. I am in discussion with my Operations Advisor at Tesla (he is interested and willing to help) but have asked for some data, hence the poll.

Partial VIN:
Delivery Date:
Manuf Date (if known)
LR AWD or Perf/PUP:

Partial VIN: 23xxx
Delivery Date: 7/3
Manuf Date (if known): 6/27
Tow Hitch (from factory): NO
LR AWD or Perf/PUP: LR AWD

Partial VIN:
Delivery Date:
Manuf Date (if known)
LR AWD or Perf/PUP:
Well, hopefully you have better luck than I have had in getting any love from Tesla on this.

Reactions: StormtrooperSD
So new vehicles can take anywhere from 24hrs to 4wks to receive an update. There’s no way to force it. They roll out by region and model, no way to know when or why it hits when it does. You’ll receive a notification that an update is available and you need to connect to wifi to download it.

Our Model Y came with the version titled in this thread and is now on 2020.20.12... I doubt most Model Y’s will see 2020.20.6.4 as even most Model 3’s don’t have it. Seems buggy anyways on my Model 3.

Our Model Y came with .103 on 4 June then updated to .20.12 on 12 June. It’s an AWD built in May, no FSD.

Feel free to sign up on TeslaFi to watch the versions and see how many are out there (for vehicles contributing data).

Use my referral for $5 off

Model Y numbers then Model 3 numbers

Attachments

• 0638A86B-5C6B-4CB1-A5C1-F5B5C76C8E19.png
    0638A86B-5C6B-4CB1-A5C1-F5B5C76C8E19.png
    436.8 KB · Views: 67
  • 89C22AEB-1FE6-4569-A3D2-004996474DD9.png
    89C22AEB-1FE6-4569-A3D2-004996474DD9.png
    413.5 KB · Views: 39
So new vehicles can take anywhere from 24hrs to 4wks to receive an update. There’s no way to force it.
Our Model Y came with .103 on 4 June then updated to .20.12 on 12 June. It’s an AWD built in May, no FSD.
Can you post a screen shot of YOUR software update history?

I think you may be overstating things when you say a first update will take "anywhere from 24 hours to 4wks." That has not been my experience with a MS and an early M3 (Dec '17), but my cars have been in WiFi coverage every evening/night.

I have also received the orange update icon while on road trips via LTE, where the icon is informing a version is ready to be downloaded (whenever the car gets on WiFi), so the notice of an impending update is not dependent of being on WiFi.

Again, when the techs at the SvC and the mobile tech state there's something odd about this version being released with a new MY, I suspect this isn't a matter of routine updates.

But the votes indicating movement off the version are encouraging. And my interpretation of TeslaFi data (which I have for both of our cars) is that MYs are in fact being updated to 24.6.4 at the same pace as M3s. I also disagree that 24.6.4 is buggy, since that was the bugfix for problems with 24.6.1 and it's working great on our M3.

Can you post a screen shot of YOUR software update history?

I think you may be overstating things when you say a first update will take "anywhere from 24 hours to 4wks." That has not been my experience with a MS and an early M3 (Dec '17), but my cars have been in WiFi coverage every evening/night.

I have also received the orange update icon while on road trips via LTE, where the icon is informing a version is ready to be downloaded (whenever the car gets on WiFi), so the notice of an impending update is not dependent of being on WiFi.

Again, when the techs at the SvC and the mobile tech state there's something odd about this version being released with a new MY, I suspect this isn't a matter of routine updates.

But the votes indicating movement off the version are encouraging. And my interpretation of TeslaFi data (which I have for both of our cars) is that MYs are in fact being updated to 24.6.4 at the same pace as M3s. I also disagree that 24.6.4 is buggy, since that was the bugfix for problems with 24.6.1 and it's working great on our M3.

I don’t recall saying you had to be on wifi to get the notification, if I did then my bad but I know that’s not the case. I’m just trying to let the new users know that it’s completely normal for their new vehicle to not get updated to the latest & greatest within 5mins of driving off. It’s hard for them (I remember it) seeing cool stuff and your vehicle is 2-5updates behind.

Just trying to tell people to manage their expectations. My two cars updates are below. Our Model Y updated pretty quick but Y’s have had a rough go of updates compared to the 3’s.

Hey if your Y is doing well great for you. Our Y is not doing well so I can honestly say it’s buggy. Also, .2/.3/.4 have been bug fixes along with many other previous version. Every version going forward can/will be a bug fix, it’s not like only one version fixes the previous bugs and the rest are a complete feature upgrade.

In addition to my two vehicles specific updates I included 3’s & Y’s as of this post per TeslaFi’s contributors.

Attachments

• B893A17C-F820-404F-A932-3A9A8041838B.png
    B893A17C-F820-404F-A932-3A9A8041838B.png
    229.7 KB · Views: 46
  • D0D752D9-A87A-4AD3-BF2B-12BE9B742245.png
    D0D752D9-A87A-4AD3-BF2B-12BE9B742245.png
    570.3 KB · Views: 36
  • 40ECFA97-BEFB-4BC6-BF3F-63B9ECB3BDD3.png
    40ECFA97-BEFB-4BC6-BF3F-63B9ECB3BDD3.png
    439.7 KB · Views: 35
  • 508B82BD-16FB-4168-AAEC-751B1B346C8D.png
    508B82BD-16FB-4168-AAEC-751B1B346C8D.png
    440.7 KB · Views: 45

Partial VIN:
Delivery Date:
Manuf Date (if known)
LR AWD or Perf/PUP:
Ok, I just got pushed the latest software as well, I think the discussion with the OA might have triggered something, or maybe not. But yay!

Partial VIN: 206xx
Delivery Date: 7/2/2020
Manuf Date (if known)
Tow Hitch (from factory): No

Got the notification for the download to 2020.24.6.4 this evening - it is still showing "downloading" and it is at 100% - it's stuck.

Partial VIN: 206xx
Delivery Date: 7/2/2020
Manuf Date (if known)
Tow Hitch (from factory): No

Got the notification for the download to 2020.24.6.4 this evening - it is still showing "downloading" and it is at 100% - it's stuck.
Mine did take a while to install, about 40 minutes. It was stuck on 60%(as shown on my phone) for about 20 minutes, but then proceeded. Rebooted and encrypted the data. Then it showed the normal screen again.

Mine did take a while to install, about 40 minutes. It was stuck on 60%(as shown on my phone) for about 20 minutes, but then proceeded. Rebooted and encrypted the data. Then it showed the normal screen again.

Somehow, mine must have re-downloaded last night. It now wants to install, it says about 25 minutes. I’ll let hubby do the honors, lol! We are taking an Uber to go kayaking with our grandson later this morning, so won’t need the car.