Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Was there ever a discount on the acceleration boost, or was it always $2,000?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It is like anything, you get used to the acceleration. It like when I spent a lot of time on the track, triple digits speeds seemed normal. Then I got on the highway driving home at 80 mph and it felt like I was crawling, at least until I came up on cars in a hurry.

I've learned I enjoy boost more than I do forged rims. My wife will just curb rash them just like the stock ones... Even on my S I have to be so friction' careful that it diminishes the enjoyment of having them.

Reactions: Stan930
my LR with AB AND lighter 19" rims does 4.1 0-60 in perfect conditions, otherwise 4.2 (Draggy tested). Also you will spend ALOT more than 2k for real forged rims.

These were the first ones that Google gave me, $595 each:

That's for 18".

My OEM rims felt less smooth, must've dented one or more of them... so I replaced them with a new set of OEMs... and it already seems less smooth then when I put them on.

Was thinking forged wheels might not have that problem. Less concerned with wheel rash than I am with vibration and smoothness.

I had the Martians on my Y. Loved the wheels. I'd suggest going an inch narrower than stock. Still works fine with the tire, gives you more buffer between the tire/rim (reducing curb rash risk) and overall the ride quality was better as well.

I'll still take boost over the wheels though. ;)

These were the first ones that Google gave me, $595 each:

That's for 18".

My OEM rims felt less smooth, must've dented one or more of them... so I replaced them with a new set of OEMs... and it already seems less smooth then when I put them on.

Was thinking forged wheels might not have that problem. Less concerned with wheel rash than I am with vibration and smoothness.

Like they care about that given all the price "adjustments" Tesla has had recently. The poor SOBs who bought a Plaid late 2021 to early 2022 saw enough of an "adjustment" they could have gotten a Model 3 for free. Factor in the depreciation as well and you almost could have gotten 2 M3's.

So to worry about a minor adjustment on a 2k SW unlock, they likely don't care at all.

They are the cheapest(supposedly forged) rims... Most forged are about 1600 a rim for 19"

Hey, just circling back because I stumbled on these:

$499 per wheel. I can't vouch for them, but for posterity wanted to mention them.