Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Washer hose wear/tear

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone had any problems with washer hoses wearing or tearing above the reservoir? This is a Q3 2019 RHD UK SR+

I’ve seen posts on the Y-connector not being connected. This seems different.

Prompted to fill my SO’s washer reservoir.
Only took 1L and reached the limit. operated the washer and heard the pump, watched the wipers move, but no fluid on the windscreen. When I had a look under the car there was plenty of washer fluid dripping out from the underbody covers.

I popped the inspection cover off from around the washer reservoir. Then had a feel around as the hoses and connectors are obscured by the cover that fits up to the windscreen. I felt the pump wires/conduit. And felt the hose coming over the top of the reservoir. It felt ragged - like one side had been torn/worn away. Then I got some help to operate the washers. With the bonnet high enough to look in but low enough to prevent fouling of the wipers I got a face full of washer fluid. Unpleasant but informative: discontinuity in the hose on top of the reservoir that supplies both wiper washer jets.

Nearest service appointment locally is early April. Only 5 weeks but bah.

Realised I’d moaned but not followed up.

After I found the ragged hose end I got some suitable hose and a few connectors. Then I tidied up the ragged end and put in a length of new hose.

I checked the routing of the hose to make sure it was not going to catch or rub.

It was still working well when we sold the car on late last year.