Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Washington State: Model S Plaid/LR waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there any value me dropping by to get more info? How do I work out what my "location" is? Like I mentioned, the only contact I have is with the guy in Portland, does that mean my location is there? Would seem odd?
You pick the location when you place your order. Alternatively, you can email your SA your RN number and ask him to set your location to Renton or Bellevue, whichever is best for you.

Cross-post

Well, ordered on 7/29 (EDD Sept/Oct; January). Changed configuration two times afterwards. Last time was on 8/4 (EDD still January). On 8/5, EDD went blank. Today…..

it shows 8/10-8/22! WTF?! You can’t believe any of these EDDs! No VIN.

Reactions: fordhamg
cross-post

Well, as some of you predicted, my EDD did narrow by a day overnight (see sig). I suspect the initial specific date range occurred when I was softly matched to a car entering the production process. The leading date algorithm seems to be "Current date plus shipping time to your location" and the trailing date seems to be the sum of (max flow); from order released to production, production, post production (finding a shipper) and travel time to your designation. Thoughts?

Cross-Post

I did some EDD math for those in my area (Seattle). After scouring many posts about EDD's, I've concluded the following for Seattle/Renton/Bellevue deliveries...

On the day ("X") you get the 13-14 day EDD range, that seems to equal the "birth date" of your car (which you can confirm after delivery). About 7-8 days later ("Y"), you will see a VIN (your EDD range will be about 7 days at this point). Delivery date("Z") is about 5-6 days later (Transportation and DC prep). Going the other way, the later date ("Z'") on the range provided on day "X" is about 3-4 days later than when you will actually take delivery on day "Z".

So, it's X+12=Z, or

Z'-3(or 4)=Z

For those in the Seattle area, post your experiences!

Last edited:
I ordered mine (LR, white on white, 19 inch wheels) in early May and originally got the August delivery month. That status then moved to September, disappeared and reappeared a few times, until I finally got an email today (Aug 10) saying that delivery is expected to be delayed. Today, the status is changed to Dec 13 - Jan 02, which is a bit more specific but way out there. I hope this really isn't the date...

Reactions: jebinc
I ordered mine (LR, white on white, 19 inch wheels) in early May and originally got the August delivery month. That status then moved to September, disappeared and reappeared a few times, until I finally got an email today (Aug 10) saying that delivery is expected to be delayed. Today, the status is changed to Dec 13 - Jan 02, which is a bit more specific but way out there. I hope this really isn't the date...
Mine started at January in July; now next week. Hang in there!

Mine started at January in July; now next week. Hang in there!
Thanks for the encouragement; there's still some hope, I guess :) A bit worried since yours is a Plaid and is most likely being prioritized over any LR deliveries, especially the ones with 19s.

The sequence of events for this order has been quite a roller coaster ride:
1. ordered in 5/4, expected delivery in Aug.
2. Remained as "August" throughout May
3. Changed to "September" in June
4. Delivery date disappeared periodically through July
5. An "Agreements" section magically appeared sometime in July but the Review button is greyed out.
6. Received email from Tesla on 8/4 saying that the delivery will be delayed and the updated timelines in my account reflect the most accurate dates.
7. Checked the order status and now says "December 13 - January 02"

Is this what everyone's experience has been like throughout this journey? It's like there's a button that someone keeps pressing to mess with people :) Also, what is this Review Agreements section? Is that a part of the natural progression?

Thanks for the encouragement; there's still some hope, I guess :) A bit worried since yours is a Plaid and is most likely being prioritized over any LR deliveries, especially the ones with 19s.

The sequence of events for this order has been quite a roller coaster ride:
1. ordered in 5/4, expected delivery in Aug.
2. Remained as "August" throughout May
3. Changed to "September" in June
4. Delivery date disappeared periodically through July
5. An "Agreements" section magically appeared sometime in July but the Review button is greyed out.
6. Received email from Tesla on 8/4 saying that the delivery will be delayed and the updated timelines in my account reflect the most accurate dates.
7. Checked the order status and now says "December 13 - January 02"

Is this what everyone's experience has been like throughout this journey? It's like there's a button that someone keeps pressing to mess with people :) Also, what is this Review Agreements section? Is that a part of the natural progression?
@CongoBongo I got that grayed out review agreement section after fully completing my profile, I believe. Means nothing until you get a vin. Did you ever get an EDD two week range?

Original post (Sat): Our 19" Plaid Estimated Delivery: August 05 - August 19

Updated Aug 3:Estimated Delivery: August 05 - August 17 moved back a day

Moved to Aug 20

This mornings discovery:Estimated Delivery: August 25 - September 14

We were a Plaid + conversion, orginally placed Sept last year. FSD but no CF.