Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Washington State: Model S Plaid/LR waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine has been August and blank and September and more blank but now is 9/29-9/30.

I think the big delays have hit all the white interior vehicles with most pushed to next year.
Agreed! Looks like we have a nice mix of color combinations here in WA. I also checked out that spreadsheet that was developed for new deliveries and see the same. I don't recall seeing any duplicates (Exterior/Interior)! :cool:

Cross-Post

I did some EDD math for those in my area (Seattle). After scouring many posts about EDD's, I've concluded the following for Seattle/Renton/Bellevue deliveries...

On the day ("X") you get the 13-14 day EDD range, that seems to equal the "birth date" of your car (which you can confirm after delivery). About 7-8 days later ("Y"), you will see a VIN (your EDD range will be about 7 days at this point). Delivery date("Z") is about 5-6 days later (Transportation and DC prep). Going the other way, the later date ("Z'") on the range provided on day "X" is about 3-4 days later than when you will actually take delivery on day "Z".

So, it's X+12=Z, or

Z'-3(or 4)=Z

For those in the Seattle area, post your experiences!
Going back to this, formula #2 results in a delivery day ("Z") of 8/17-8/18; using formula #1, the projected delivery date ("Z") is 8/18. The VIN arrived two days earlier than predicted, so, adjusting the delivery date ("Z") by that amount, I get 8/15-8/16 as the day I pick up the beast (should I decide to move forward with the Plaid). Might just keep the 3.

Last Estimated Delivery: August 25 - September 14 (two days ago)

Updated today Aug 11 Estimated Delivery:August 13 - August 31 :)

Wife is worse than an addict looking for crack cocaine fix. She checks MULTIPLE times a day. Got it bad! Of course I'm cool calm and collective. Not a big deal to me. The fact they can't get their stuff together and ship out cars in a #$%^&ing timely manner doesn't bother me in the @#%^& least. Because it's just not that big a #$%^ing thing to me.

I can wait.

Reactions: jebinc
Cross-Post

I did some EDD math for those in my area (Seattle). After scouring many posts about EDD's, I've concluded the following for Seattle/Renton/Bellevue deliveries...

On the day ("X") you get the 13-14 day EDD range, that seems to equal the "birth date" of your car (which you can confirm after delivery). About 7-8 days later ("Y"), you will see a VIN (your EDD range will be about 7 days at this point). Delivery date("Z") is about 5-6 days later (Transportation and DC prep). Going the other way, the later date ("Z'") on the range provided on day "X" is about 3-4 days later than when you will actually take delivery on day "Z".

So, it's X+12=Z, or

Z'-3(or 4)=Z

For those in the Seattle area, post your experiences!

If I understand your math, I think my experience is slightly different or I am just a dumbo in maths

On August 9th I got my EDD range of Sept 17th to 30th, (so August 9th will be the birth date of my car??) I should be getting my VIN on or around August 15th-16th So delivery date should be by End of August. If this is what everyone else is experiencing I am guessing my EDD is not true and I am going to get pushed back as well.

Damn I hope this is not True!

If I understand your math, I think my experience is slightly different or I am just a dumbo in maths

On August 9th I got my EDD range of Sept 17th to 30th, (so August 9th will be the birth date of my car??) I should be getting my VIN on or around August 15th-16th So delivery date should be by End of August. If this is what everyone else is experiencing I am guessing my EDD is not true and I am going to get pushed back as well.

Damn I hope this is not True!
@Aparajith Agreed. The big reset by Tesla yesterday generated ranges for cars all the way out to January. Prior to that big update, the ranges came when you were in the delivery month. So, for the formulae I created, they should only be used in those instances.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aparajith
Going back to this, formula #2 results in a delivery day ("Z") of 8/17-8/18; using formula #1, the projected delivery date ("Z") is 8/18. The VIN arrived two days earlier than predicted, so, adjusting the delivery date ("Z") by that amount, I get 8/15-8/16 as the day I pick up the beast (should I decide to move forward with the Plaid). Might just keep the 3.
Ah, got an EDD update this morning! Back to a super narrow August range (Today, 8/12-8/17), as the Model predicts! :cool: :D :D

I came to the same conclusion. I thought about changing it, but really the white is what I want. 6 months from now I will regret going early for not my first choice. So I'm going to wait it out
I'm waiting on the white too....ugh. Maybe I should have done this hack instead :)

Attachments

• seatcover.jpg
    seatcover.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 47